Valued Members of a Winning Team
Our employees, affectionately called “Rackers,” are our true strength and differentiator. They embody our Core Values, demonstrating that Fanatical Experience is:
- Excellence. We are an accountable, disciplined, high-performing company with proven results.
- Customer-driven. We are proactive, collaborative and committed to success for our customers.
- Expertise. Rackers are passionate learners who are embedded in our customers’ businesses to provide unbiased solutions.
- Agility. We adopt new technologies and evolve services to meet customers where they are in their journey.
- Compassion. We’re one team doing the right thing for our customers, communities and each other.
As valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission, Rackers make a real difference for our customers. It’s why we’re frequently recognized as an employer of choice by global industry-leading programs, including Great Place to Work, Forbes and Fortune.
Workforce Diversity and Inclusion
An inclusive workplace — one that encourages employees to bring their whole selves to work — promotes a more productive and engaging workforce that fosters innovation, creativity and the highest quality of customer service. It takes continual work to make this happen, so we keep the process moving forward by aligning our inclusion strategy and initiatives to our core business priorities. This means retaining Rackers, hiring key talent, driving revenue and supporting the community — and empowering Rackers to succeed in all of our locations around the globe. We also support a wide range of Racker Resource Groups globally, across diversity awareness, education, recruiting and volunteerism efforts, including:
- POWER – Professional Organization for Women’s Empowerment at Rackspace Technology
- Rackspace Pride (U.S.) & Together (EMEA) – Supporting LGBTQ+ Rackers and Allies
- RackVET – Supporting our Military Veterans and Their Families
- RISE – To Elevate Rackers of African American Cultures
- VIVA! – Celebrating and Promoting our Latinx Cultures
- EAST – Elevating Asian Strengths and Talents
- RackParents – A Network of Support for Working Parents
- Remoters – Support of Distributed Rackers
- Lavender – Supporting Mental Wellness and Physical Abilities
- ATX Diversity Crew – Austin, TX Local Representatives of RRGs
Our non-discrimination or equal employment opportunity policy language appears on our Rackspace Technology Careers page and applies to all Rackers and would-be Rackers globally.
Learning and Development
We are deeply committed to helping Rackers grow and develop in their careers. We start from day one, with our award-winning onboarding program, “Rookie O,” where new hires learn about our history, culture and core values, as well as our services and solutions. This is one of the first cultural touchstones that every Racker experiences — from our CEO to our front-line Rackers.
Rackspace University helps Rackers build the skills needed to thrive and excel today, while also preparing them for the future of new technologies and professional career growth. This global, Racker developed portal helps Rackers upskill and grow their capabilities, for whichever stage they are in their career. We provide each Racker with paid hours to use specifically toward their professional and personal development each year. Our Rackers hold over 8,000 cloud technology certifications and are ready to deliver the future for our customers.
We’re also proud to have founded and run the Rackspace Cloud Academy, a state-accredited, premiere vocational school focused on cyber security, Linux and other cloud technology skills. This external training academy increases our technical talent pipeline and supports workforce development in San Antonio.
Since its inception in 2013, we have had graduated nearly 1,000 students from the academy and over 15% of those are now Rackers. By collaborating with non-profit organizations, this program is offered at a free or reduced rate for all participants — helping to break the socio-economic barrier to an accessible education and a career in tech.
Workplace Health and Safety
We work to maintain a strong health-and-safety culture, with clear objectives to help us grow the business in a safe and sustainable way. We enable Rackers to work productively and safely through participation in programs that focus on mitigation of occupational health and safety risks in our workplace. We have implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) certified to ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management) in Australia and the UK, and a Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) certified to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety) in the UK. We also have emergency response plans at all sites and many Rackers are members of our emergency response teams.
To help keep Rackers safe and healthy, we keep Racker well-being as a top priority. Most recently, during the COVID-19 pandemic, we reinforced that prioritization through various actions: we sent Rackers to work remotely, ahead of most public health guidance; we sent 100,000 non-surgical facemasks to the homes of Rackers and their families around the world; we provided additional mental health support services; we instituted paid monthly employee wellness days; and we launched physical activity challenges to keep Rackers healthy and resilient.