Zero Trust Security Architecture and Rackspace Government Cloud
Get the advantage of an integrated, standard security model and system management strategy that eliminates implicit trust at any level with Rackspace Government Cloud.
Our zero trust architecture delivers an overarching security framework for today’s highly diverse and highly distributed environments based on:
- Perimeter-less IT security across the entire organization
- Verification and authentication of devices and user identity, regardless of network location
- Access to network applications, services and workflows based on continuous authentication and verification.
Zero trust security reduces your attack surface and limits lateral threat movement if your network is infiltrated. With zero trust, you also benefit from consistency in authenticating and verifying devices, systems and users before allowing access to data and network resources, within the broader framework of your cloud security strategy.
Rackspace Government Solutions can help you get to zero trust quickly. For government agencies and SaaS vendors who sell to government organizations, our embedded automated security and compliance is standard on Rackspace Government Cloud on your choice of private, public or hybrid cloud infrastructure. Our cloud platforms automate reinforcement of security standards and policies, to help your organization remain compliant at all times with strong risk and authorization management standards.
Rackspace Government Solutions consistently apply security standards established by recognized security authorities, including National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), CISA, National Security Agency (NSA), Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program(FedRAMP), Federal Information Security Modernization Agency (FISMA) and General Services Administration (GSA).
Rackspace Government Cloud incorporates:
- System design principles that address threats both inside and outside of traditional network boundaries.
- Segmented identity and access management under the principle of least privilege.
- Multi-zone security architecture requiring continuous verification via real-time information from multiple sources to determine access and other system responses so that authorized users receive the access they need, when they need it, for functions they are authorized to perform.
- Incident detection and response. We have implemented the highest standards in security incident detection, response and reporting for our public sector customers since 2015 as part of their overall cloud security strategyfor compliance.
- Business continuity enablement.
Our team of certified security and cloud experts delivers timely updates to our zero trust architecture, helping to ensure your organization is always compliant with the latest security guidelines that are crucial to your organization and your supply chain (CMMC, Executive Orders, Federal CIO, FAR, DFARS, FedRAMP, Section 889, NIST, HIPAA, FISMA and other relevant security requirements).
If you need help planning your migration strategy that incorporates zero trust security across your organization and your supply chain, our team is ready to work side-by-side with your team to help. No matter where you are in your cloud journey, our three-step implementation plan can help you adopt a zero trust security model:
Step 1. Evaluate your workloads.
Step 2. Determine where your security authentication and verification gaps exist.
Step 3. Plan and implement the security strategy that is right for your organization — from policy adoption to implementation.
We’ve made it easier for government agencies and SaaS solution providers to accelerate innovation. Rackspace Government Cloud is the backbone that enables you to adopt transformative technologies on a zero trust, secure cloud platform to power organizational agility, continuous innovation and best-value IT services.
Government agencies and government cloud solution providers choose Rackspace Technology for help overcoming common roadblocks to innovation in the cloud, including:
- High costs and the large amount of time required to address stringent cloud security compliancerequirements.
- Help with their overall cloud security strategy
- A shortage of in-house cloud expertise.
- Operational burdens to continuously secure and govern cloud environments.
We work with your team to build a scalable cloud infrastructure for continuous innovation. We’ll also help retool your workforce.
We’ve made it easier for cloud solution providers to meet stringent federal government security requirements quickly and with less cost. Rackspace Government Cloud accelerates time to value so you can focus on supporting the mission of government.
When you choose Rackspace Government Cloud, you get automation, security and multicloud adoption expertise across the Rackspace Government Cloud — a zero trust, secure FedRAMP-authorized Platform-as-a-Service on your choice of public (AWS), private (VMware) or hybrid cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
Rackspace Technology solutions for government directly support the three Federal Government Cloud Smart pillars for successful cloud adoption:
Security: Rackspace Government Cloud is a fully managed security Platform-as-a-Service that addresses FedRAMP’s Moderate security requirements, enabling your SaaS cloud solution to achieve FedRAMP ATO faster and at lower cost.
Procurement: In collaboration with our partner network, we help simplify government contracting and increase procurement speed in one consolidated view, with no labor rates .
Workforce: Our team of certified cloud experts works with your team at each stage of your cloud journey and supports you in retooling of your teams.
Rackspace Government Cloud embedded security controls and continuous automated security monitoring help ensure that your SaaS solution remains compliant with changing FedRAMP ATO and other critical security requirements. We help you prepare for your first FedRAMP ATO process and we stay with you to make sure your SaaS solution remains ready for each audit with automated FedRAMP management.
- Security: Rackspace Government Cloud is a fully managed security Platform-as-a-Service that addresses FedRAMP’s Moderate security requirements, enabling SaaS cloud solution providers to achieve FedRAMP ATO faster and at lower cost.
- Procurement: In collaboration with our partner network, we help our government clients simplify contracting and increase procurement speed in one consolidated view, with no labor rates.
Rackspace Government Cloud embedded security controls and continuous automated security monitoring help ensure that your SaaS solution remains compliant with changing FedRAMP ATO requirements. We help you prepare for your first FedRAMP ATO process, and we stay with you to make sure your SaaS solution remains ready for each audit.
The security controls embedded in Rackspace Government Cloud automated FedRAMP ATO Platform-as-a-Service enable you to achieve fully managed, continuous FedRAMP ATO in a fraction of the time it would likely take to implement it on your own.
Rackspace Technology is a trusted FedRAMP ATO partner, from initial assessment to audit. We power solutions that support the mission of more than half of the Federal Government cabinet agencies.
With Rackspace Government Cloud on your choice of AWS, VMware or hybrid cloud, ISVs and SIs are FedRAMP ATO-ready in just three to four months, at 70% monthly operational cost savings — faster and at lower cost than implementing on your own.
- Rackspace Government Cloud embedded security controls accelerate your cloud solution’s time to value, while maintaining full compliance with your cloud security strategy.
- With approximately 80% of FedRAMP ATO security requirements addressed in Rackspace Government Cloud, our customers reclaim time and resources that can be used to focus on innovating the application layer in support of the mission of government.
- You gain access to the same cloud technologies that power the Fortune 100, in a secure platform, with the additional security controls and governance that support the mission of government.
- You benefit from automation, security, compliance and multicloud expertise for all your enterprise applications.
- With Rackspace Government Cloud, all compute, storage, network and VMs are configured, hardened and managed according to FedRAMP Moderate requirements, designed to support government cloud workloads.
- Our U.S. operations teams manage all provisioning, hardening, encryption, administration, backups, monitoring and alerting.
- In addition to FedRAMP ATO, Rackspace Government Cloud is fully compliant with required government security standards.
- A U.S.-only personnel customer support team is available to you for around-the-clock support.
"As a founding member of Cloud Security Alliance, Rackspace is clearly committed to our shared mission of promoting best practices for cloud security. Extending this commitment to the government with their aggressive approach to FedRAMP is a welcome addition for this industry."
A streamlined path
Explore how you can plan your migration strategy to ensure you incorporate zero trust security across your organization and your supply chain on your choice of private, public or hybrid cloud infrastructure.
We accelerate your path to FedRAMP ATO, getting you there in just four months and at 70% monthly operational cost savings on a scalable, zero trust secure Platform-as-a-Service.
Through our streamlined enablement process, we work side-by-side with your team to help you move to a zero trust security model in three steps, and at any stage of your cloud journey.
Determine where your security authentication and verification gaps existSign Up
Ready to get started? Complete the form to receive more information or schedule a discovery session with our team.
Explore our expert credentials and industry recognition.
Providing innovation and leadership in the technology services industry for 20+ years.
- FedRAMP JAB Authorization
- FISMA Authorization
- NIST 800-53 Security Controls
- NIST 800-171 DFARS Ready
- FIPS 140
- One of the leading AWS consulting partners with 14 competencies
- AWS Premier Consulting Partner
- Dell Technologies Titanium Partner
- VMware Cloud™ on AWS Partner
- VMware Cloud Verified Partner
Power your advantage
Discover related technology platforms and solutions to help you achieve smarter business outcomes.
Rackspace Government Cloud on AWS
Get on-demand access to a dedicated pod of security experts who help you achieve Zero Trust security and compliance on AWS faster than the do-it-yourself approach
Rackspace Government Cloud on VMware
Securely innovate mission-critical government solutions faster on VMware.
Managed Hosting on bare metal delivers maximum uptime, visibility, security and control for your custom dedicated needs.
Cloud Management and Operations
Maximize your cloud investment and drive innovation with modern IT at an unprecedented pace.
We’ll help you optimize your costs and performance for a changing market while delivering the experience your customers demand.
Cloud Adoption and Migration
Adopt clouds and ease migration to accelerate innovation and optimize performance.
Learn more about how we’re solving with Rackspace Government Cloud.
Ready to get started?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.