Secure networks in the cloud
Use fully isolated, single-tenant Cloud Networks to connect your web site or application to a database, or to set up a site-to-site VPN. It's easy to manage through our Cloud Control Panel and powerful APIs.
Cloud Networks are software-defined, powered by the OpenStack® networking service, and offer complete control over your network topology, IP addressing (IPv4 or IPv6), and architecture.
With your cloud account
Get fully isolated, single-tenant Layer 2 networks designed to securely transfer sensitive information between Cloud Servers located in the same region.
Get flexibility and control
Control IP addressing (IPv4 or IPv6) and topology to create networks that suit your workload—for example, create one network between web and app servers, and another between app and database servers.
Enable high availability
Because multiple Cloud Servers can share the same IP address, you can use fast IP address failover to enable high availability without making a separate API call.
Everything we do is managed cloud. With managed cloud, our experts can run your cloud ops for you, or be there whenever you need help—you choose the level of service you want. Either way, you get 24x7x365 access to engineers who'll help you achieve the highest performance, security, cost efficiency, and scalability for your workloads.
- Cloud Networks connects your website or app to your database, both of which run on Cloud Servers
- The Cloud Servers hosting your databases use shared IPs and a redundant, active/passive configuration
- If one database server goes down, the other takes over the shared IP using gratuitous ARP (on the data plane) with no need for an API call
- Cloud Load Balancers communicate with Cloud Servers hosting your web site or app over the Rackspace internal network (ServiceNet)
- Help establish a secure, site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) connection between your data center and your Rackspace-hosted infrastructure
- Extend your infrastructure to the cloud to take advantage of scalable compute
- Connect to Cloud Networks from your data center via the Brocade Vyatta® vRouter using a L2TP/IPsec VPN
- Optional internal network (ServiceNet) connection for accessing services like Cloud Backup
Cloud Networks are FREE with your cloud account.