It’s no longer enough to just “be in the cloud.”
Today, businesses are under pressure to use cloud technologies to solve strategic problems, build new revenue streams and decrease costs. Moving toward a cloud native approach can help you realize these benefits quicker. However, cloud native adoption is complex and requires a new way of thinking. This includes entirely new architectural methodologies, new ways to deploy, monitor and operate environments, and even new technologies such as containers, serverless, IoT and machine learning.
As organizations pursue cloud native, they need more than just support. They need help understanding how to scale their IT organization in an agile world, and how to build cloud expertise within their teams. This requires a fundamental shift in the relationship between the customer and the managed cloud provider.
Rackspace Elastic Engineering is our core solution for managing cloud environments. We provide your business with on-demand access to a team of highly skilled engineers – collectively called a Pod – who are available to collaborate with your organization to shape successful outcomes such as:
- Planning and migrations to Public Cloud
- Architecture design and deployment
- Creation of automated CI/CD pipelines
- Improve security and reliability for your applications
- Manage your cloud environments across AWS, GCP and Azure
Ready to start the conversation?
Working together to achieve collective success
Our Elastic Engineering Pod works alongside your internal team in an agile, sprint-based model to help move your cloud initiatives forward. Our unique approach allows your team to leverage the collective knowledge of our pods to learn-while-doing as we deliver alongside you as one collective team, following best practices and sharing knowledge from a wide range of cloud projects along the way.
Deliver against your initiatives, not our SLAs
We deliver outcomes. Working alongside your team, we’ll facilitate development of long-range planning that map to your business goals and your milestones for your modern cloud evolution. We break down these goals into weekly sprints delivered alongside your team.
Realize the full value of the modern cloud
Our Elastic Engineering Pods provide you with a single, highly accountable team offering the diverse set of skills required to be successful in the modern cloud. Pods are capable of delivering a broad spectrum of outcomes, ranging from migrations and architecture design and deployment, to developing automation and CI/CD pipelines, improving security and reliability for your applications, and more — all without the constraints of a fixed scope of management.
Move beyond break-fix alongside a team that knows your business, your team and your goals
We believe customers need a team that intimately understands their environment and does more than just support operations. That’s why you’ll always work with the same dedicated pod that will progressively add deeper value as the relationship continues. Because your pod will have deep familiarity with your environment, it can focus on so much more than just break-fix.
High-value expertise at accessible entry points
Gain fractional access to your pod via straightforward hours-based tiers that can scale up and down monthly as your business needs change. Rackspace Elastic Engineering’s unique service model is a cost-effective route to access the high-value and high-impact cloud expertise your business needs to operate in the modern cloud, which traditionally was only available through narrowly defined professional services engagements.
We offer services that complement Rackspace Elastic Engineering to help you keep things running today while you transform for tomorrow.
Every business faces unique challenges, and Rackspace Elastic Engineering offers flexible, specialized cloud solutions to solve your constantly evolving needs - regardless of where you are in your cloud journey.
Advanced monitoring & resolution:
We blend our decades of experience with your specific requirements to ensure that all components of your cloud environment are performing as expected. We configure alerts to raise tickets to our 24x7x365 team of engineers who will apply their expertise and customized runbooks for your environment to get you back up and running.
- Cloud Native Monitoring: Support AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor and GCP Cloud Monitoring
- Automation: We collect data close to the event and attempt automated remediation
- Operational Support: 24x7x365 monitoring operations support
- Flexible Model: Customized runbooks to meet your needs
- Continuous Optimization: Customers can request re-evaluations to optimize monitoring posture
Every organization is at a different stage in its evolution to cloud native. VM Management supports traditional operations as you transform, simplifying the tasks you need to keep your environment secure and robust.
- Multi-platform: Manage resources in one place, with one tool
- Automated: Hands-off patching of what you want, when you want it
- Per-VM pricing: Decrease costs as you evolve and transform
- Operational support: 24x7x365 patching support
“The Rackspace Technology team worked as true partners with Buyatab and became a part of our team. When we didn’t have project management resources to dedicate to the migration, Rackspace Technology provided one who drove the team in a smart and effective way.”Read the case study
The Rackspace Elastic Engineering Pod
Each Rackspace Elastic Engineering Pod is comprised of nine cloud experts including an engagement manager, cloud architects and cloud engineers who work together as one unit with your team. You’ll always work with the same pod who knows your goals and needs.
- Engagement Manager (1): Responsible for the pod’s overall success. Acts as Scrum Master and assists the team in planning, coordinating, timeframes, executing, daily standups and sprint-reviews.
- Lead Cloud Architect (1): Works closely alongside your Engagement Manager to own the technical management and overall performance of the team of engineers.
- Cloud Architect (1): Owns the successful delivery of solutions by converting customer requirements into the architecture and design. Is responsible for code/quality reviews and execute hands-on implementation.
- Senior Cloud Engineers (3): Contributes specialized technical expertise in the context of larger solutions. Focuses on the technical components that make up the overall solution, while adhering to — and creating — best practices and reusable patterns.
- Cloud Engineers (3): Hands-on DevOps engineers skilled in writing automation scripts across cloud infrastructures.
Ready to Start the Conversation?
We’re experts on your side, doing what it takes to get the job done right — from the first consultation to your daily operations.
Explore our expert credentials and industry recognition.
Providing innovation and leadership in the technology services industry for 20+ years.
- A leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Professional and Managed Service Providers, Worldwide
- Best Consultancy or System Integrator 2020, The Cloud Awards
- A leader in the Forrester Wave: Hosted Private Cloud Services, Q2 2020, North America and Europe
- One of the leading AWS consulting partners with 14 competencies
- AWS Premier Consulting Partner
- AWS MAP Partner
- Google Cloud First Premier Managed Services Partner
- Google Cloud Partner of the Year
- Gold Microsoft Partner
- Microsoft Five-time Hosting Partner of the Year
- Azure Expert MSP designation for 2021
- VMware® Cloud Verified
- Dell Technologies Titanium Partner - 4x Dell Global Alliances Partner of the Year
Discover related technologies and platforms to help you achieve smarter business outcomes.
Amazon Web Services
Experience how AWS’s leading-edge cloud capabilities can help you work smarter, lower costs and innovate with agility.
Google Cloud Platform
Get proactive support and always-on expertise so you can maximize your investment in Google Cloud.
Solve cloud challenges with a managed Microsoft Azure solution that helps you build new revenue streams, increase efficiency and deliver incredible experiences.
Learn more about services to support your cloud initiatives.
Ready to start the conversation?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.