The Technologist Track
For technical professionals, staying on top of tech trends with constant upskilling isn’t just an advantage, it is critical in their daily operations. The technologist track is designed to help you solve daily challenges with sessions that focus on:
- Building skills
- Nurturing a problem-solving approach to technology
What: Taking advantage of all the wonderful capabilities of cloud demands new ways of working. The flexibility of cloud has turned the tables in IT; the infrastructure is no longer the determinant on time to market; instead, its how quickly you can develop new applications and get them into market.
In this session we will talk about:
- The resurgence of agile and devops as a core enablers of cloud success
- Containers and serverless, Everything-as-code
- New models for managed services like Elastic Engineering
When: August 4, 2021 at 10:00am - 10:30am CT (30 min)
What: It's projected that more than 80% of machine learning models fail to make it to production. For Brave, failure was not an option and inefficiency in the deployment process was unacceptable. Brave’s innovative new browser quickly attracted millions of active users and verified publishers. To sustain its growth trajectory and meet the needs of advertisers and content creators, they needed a robust way to build and deploy machine learning models at scale. Enter AWS Services and Rackspace MLOps Foundations.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Challenges to scaling the browser’s capabilities and improving ML predictions
- How Rackspace Technology solved Brave’s challenge within 6 weeks
- AWS Services leveraged to automate the machine learning functionality
- The business impact of the project
When: August 4th, 2021 at 11:00am CT - 11:30am CT (30 min)
What: IoT is a new buzzword with a long history. Before IoT hit the mainstream, many companies built homegrown platforms and infrastructure to manage devices and the data they collect. However, as businesses grew, these legacy platforms struggled to achieve global scale resulting in devices being off-line for extended periods of time. In addition, the legacy systems are often an attack vector for hackers due to poorly implemented security.
Join us for a session to learn how to modernize your IoT platform with cloud native services on AWS.
In this session we will talk about::
- Technical considerations for building IoT Solutions as it relates to hardware, firmware, security, platform and applications
- Best practices in building robust, auto-scaling IoT platforms leveraging cloud native AWS services such as AWS IoT Core, AWS Lambda, and Amazon DynamoDB
- Technical considerations for co-existing a modern IoT environment with a homegrown legacy system
- Customer use case: learn how a connected HVAC systems company improved customer experience with a cloud-native IoT platform that increased their end-user response time by 2x and reduced downtime
When: August 4th, 2021 at 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm CT
Register now for the Solve Conference 2021
Register early to save your seat at this virtual event.