Most businesses already have a hybrid multicloud environment: They use public cloud services, but they also depend on legacy applications and data centers. If this describes your organization, you’re likely seeking ways to extend the benefits of public cloud across your entire IT estate — with the assumption that the only way to achieve that goal is to migrate your legacy applications to public cloud.
Rackspace Technology™ offers a different, better option for your business. Our VMware-based hybrid cloud solutions give you the benefits of consumption-based pricing and multi-tenancy. They also provide self-service, rapid provisioning and automation — in both public and managed private cloud domains.
You can continue operating in your familiar VMware environment, using a private cloud solution that delivers the same benefits as a public cloud, without having to undertake time-consuming and costly application modernization programs. With a private cloud solution from Rackspace Technology, you get the immediate benefits of public cloud with the luxury and flexibility of modernizing your applications when it suits you, all the while securing your most-sensitive data in your private cloud deployment.
Our modern private cloud solutions allow you to run and optimize workloads in the best location and on the best infrastructure, without any major rework. We make it possible both to move to the cloud without re-architecting applications, and to scale your environment to other types of cloud deployments.
We ensure that you maintain and run legacy and mission-critical applications where it makes most sense:
- Save the cost of a prohibitively expensive migration
- Continue using in-house developed applications in your private cloud hosting until you're ready to retire them
- Avoid the expense of high-volume data management in the public cloud
- Keep applications and computing resources that run critical core processes or support third-parties on-site
Extend your on-premises footprint with secure cloud capacity, and without adding hardware. Develop cloud-native apps within an environment similar to your on-premises environment with managed private cloud services.
Consolidate data centers or move off-premises for greater cost efficiency, improved lifecycle management and ease of operations — all while retaining your familiar technology stack.
- Progressively migrate specific applications to a secure cloud environment at your own pace
- Gain cost benefits and reduce IT Ops costs without expensive application modernization while maintaining secure and reliable private cloud deployments
Build resiliency and protect against data loss with disaster recovery, off-site data backup and remote worker solutions — including virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and remote data center management, all within your virtual private cloud.
- Mirror vital data to a high-security, off-site data center for enhanced business continuity planning
- Seamlessly switch over operations in the event of a disaster at a primary location
Optimize the performance of applications and workloads that require low-latency and intensive processing.
- Expand geo-specific capacity so data and processing can execute close together
- Minimize latency and network costs while maximizing performance
- Dedicate resources to avoid application timeouts from external shared systems, to enhance your private cloud services capabilities for your business
Optimize your governance, security and compliance mandates by running each workload in its best environment. Prevent exposing your business to increased risk through forced and possibly unnecessary migrations or modernizations.
Store your data adjacent to the Cloud - not in it! Cost-effectively make your data available to whatever cloud services you want. Destroy public cloud egress fees and avoid cloud lock-in.
+Rackspace Data Freedom + is available globally in all Rackspace Technology data centers and colocation facilities and connects to most cloud environments including all VMware Cloud environments, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and more.
Forrester Wave Leader 2020
We’re recognized as a Hosted Private Cloud Services Leader
Leading research firm Forrester has recognized Rackspace Technology as a leader in two prestigious reports: The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services in North America, Q2 2020 and The Forrester Wave™: Hosted Private Cloud Services in Europe, Q2 2020.
Explore our expert credentials and industry recognition.
Providing innovation and leadership in the technology services industry for 20+ years.
- A leader in the Forrester Wave: Hosted Private Cloud Services, Q2 2020, North America
- A leader in the Forrester Wave: Hosted Private Cloud Services, Q2 2020, Europe
- A Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Professional and Managed Services, Worldwide
- Best Consultancy or System Integrator 2020, The Cloud Awards
- A Major Player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020
- Dell Technologies Titanium Partner - 4x Dell Global Alliances Partner of the Year
- VMware® Cloud Verified
- VMware Principal Partner
- VMware Global Partner of the Year 2020 (3x recipient of VMware Partner of the Year Award)
- Red Hat Partner of the Year 2020 – 3x Partner of the Year
- 2020 ISG Provider Lens Leader for Next-Gen Private/Hybrid Cloud - Data Center Services & Solutions
- 2020 ISG Provider Lens Rising Star for Next-Gen Private/Hybrid Cloud - Data Center Services & Solutions
- Microsoft Five-time Hosting Partner of the Year
- Pure Storage MSP Partner of the Year 2019
Power Your Advantage
Discover related technology platforms and solutions to help you achieve smarter business outcomes.
Run VMware anywhere to deliver greater application and data portability that lets your teams focus on your business.
Rackspace Services for VMware Cloud
The best place to run your VMware Cloud
Managed Hosting on bare metal delivers maximum uptime, visibility, security and control for your custom dedicated needs.
Maintain ownership, choice and hands-on access to your compute and storage, without the costs of HVAC and building management.
OpenStack Private Cloud
Increase agility and lower costs while avoiding vendor lock-in, with help from the inventors of OpenStack.
Ride Rackspace’s private network to lower your connectivity costs, improve resilience and improve data privacy.
Learn more about services to support your private cloud.
Ready to start the conversation?
Fill out the form to be connected to one of our experts.