Rackspace Technology's San Jose data center is strategically located in downtown San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. Rackspace staff specially-trained, highly experienced system and network engineers who actively manage and maintain the facility 24x7x365.
This purpose-built data center features a state-of-the-art network and power infrastructure, is powered by 100% renewable energy, provides direct access to multiple network providers, and is California Category Four earthquake compliant.Download the PDF
Data center statistics and specifics
- 24/7 onsite building and network monitoring
- 24/7 security staff, strictly enforced security procedures
- Three-factor security access
- Visitors are escorted by authorized personnel at all times
- 24 hour internal and external video surveillance, 90-day minimum retention policy
- Mantrap with reinforced walls
- Contracted fuel suppliers on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Facility fed by multiple power grids
- 5 Hitech DRUPS each rated at 1.5 MW and set up in an N+2 configuration with 1.5 MW generator that backs up a 1100KW static UPS
- The complete electrical system is set up in a N+N configuration using static switches that feed multiple PDU's which bring a true A&B feed to each customer rack
- Pre-negotiated one-hour advanced notice contact for any pending rotating block outages
- Carrier-neutral facility fed by multiple Tier 1 providers, via redundant MPOE fiber vaults
- Redundant fiber sources, aggregate switches and core routers
- Dual interlock pre-action dry-pipe fire suppression system (two events required to activate)
- Raised floor cold Plenum supply to provide uniform cooling distribution
- Relative humidity range from 40% - 60% RH
- Temperature range of 72oF +/- 5oF
- VESDA smoke detection systems in the ceiling
- ISO 27001 Certified
- HIPAA Compliant
- PCI Level 1 Service Provider Certified
- SSAE16 Certified
- Tier III Standards Compliant
- California Category Four earthquake compliant
- Entire structure meets Bellcore Network Equipment Building Systems Requirements
Our world-class, interconnected data centers are strategically located in the world’s most influential technical and financial markets to provide you with global reach, scale, and organizational agility wherever you are and whenever you need it.
Our Industry-Leading Guarantees
Customers in over 120 countries, including over half of the FORTUNE® 100, rely on our 100% Network Uptime Guarantee and infrastructure guarantees.
Ready to start the conversation?
We’re experts on your side, doing what it takes to get the job done right — from the first consultation to your daily operations.