What we migrate
Whether you choose a Self-Service or Assisted Migration, our team of migration experts backs you every step of the way.
When you choose Hosted Exchange, we migrate the items below for the following platforms:
- Microsoft Office 365 - Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, Journals, Notes
- Exchange Server 2003 and later - Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, Journals, Notes
- Google Apps/Gmail - Emails, Calendars, Contacts
- Groupwise 7 and later - Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks
- IMAP - Emails
- Lotus Notes 6.5 and later - Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks
- POP (inbox only) - Emails
- Zimbra 6 and later - Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks
When you choose Rackspace Email, we'll migrate your email to our platform.
Whether you choose a Self-Service or Assisted Migration, check out the table below to learn what you can migrate.
$4.99 per mailbox
Prefer to do it yourself? Our easy-to-use Self-Service Migration tool makes moving email a snap. Migrate your email at your own pace and if you have any questions along the way, we can help 24x7x365 via chat and phone.
Self-Service Migrations allow you to easily
- Migrate from any email server or provider to Rackspace Hosted Exchange or Rackspace Email
- Easily move contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes for Exchange
- Easily move email and folder structures for Rackspace Email
- Get up to 10 migration passes per mailbox to help ensure that all data has been migrated
- Get real-time notifications throughout the migration process
- Access your migration from any web browser
Note: We bill for the Self-Service Migration separately from your monthly statement.
See how it works and get started
$10 per mailbox
Moving mail to a new provider can be a complex process. Our Assisted Migration service will provide you with the peace of mind that comes with having a dedicated migration specialist to help guide you through every step of the process. An Assisted Migration is ideal if you need consulting, planning and scheduling services for your migration.
Assisted Email Migrations include
- A dedicated migration specialist to help manage your migration project
- Flexible migration plan options
- Updates from your specialist throughout the entire process
- Simple tools for easy configuration of mobile devices and email clients
How it works
Discuss business needs and evaluate current environment
Run connectivity tests to your live environment and verify user accounts
We copy your live server data to Rackspace with zero impact to your source environment
The migrated environment goes live with a change of MX records
Run an additional migration to capture any differential data
Welcome to Rackspace!
What types of environments can you migrate from?
We support migrations from Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 (in-house and hosted), Google Apps/Gmail, GroupWise 7/8, Zimbra, Lotus Notes, POP, and IMAP.
We have slow bandwidth and a slow in-house server. Will your migration tool work?
Yes. Our highly experienced Rackers® have helped customers migrate from a variety of environments. If the migration speed does not meet your expectations, we can also migrate via .pst files using FTP for Exchange mailboxes.
How much does a migration to Rackspace cost?
It's free if you migrate yourself locally via Outlook® . Self- Service Migrations available at $4.99/per mailbox. Or choose Assisted Migration Services for $10/per mailbox.
How long does it take to migrate my servers to Rackspace?
Migration times vary per customer. Some migrate in hours and others migrate in days or weeks. The migration process is a partnership between you and the Rackspace Assisted Migration Team. Please consider your availability and resources when planning your migration, as they will be needed for the testing phase of the migration and will impact the overall timeline.
Is the migration manual or is it automated?
We use a combination of automated tools and experienced Rackers to perform the migration. At each step of the migration, we stay in close contact with your team to help you get a successful outcome.
What type of information do you need to perform a migration?
Once you submit your migration request, you may need to provide the source server URL and information for the mailboxes to be migrated. A spreadsheet will be available to assist with this process.
All email migrations:
- Start with a test migration to help ensure we can connect to your existing mail server.
- Include all mailboxes for one domain. You can combine multiple domains if they'll be migrated from the same external mail server. (Migrations from multiple mail servers are treated independently.)