Manually configure Android devices for email hosted on Exchange 2007
The following article below will get your Microsoft Exchange 2007 email account setup on your Android Device using the Activesync technology. Let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going:
Note: The following article is a general guide for setting up all Android devices. The steps may vary depending on the OS you're running.
1. After your administrator has purchased an Activesync license and assigned it to your email address, you'll want to log into your User Control Panel at the following URL: https://cp.rackspace.com/usercp
2. Once you're logged in, scroll down to the Client Setup section and click on the ActiveSync link. This will open the Setting Up ActiveSync window which will contain the information needed to set up your device.
3. Once you have your Setting Up ActiveSync window open, select the Settings icon from the Home screen on your device.
4. Next, select Accounts and Sync and then select Microsoft Exchange Activesync.
5. Next, enter your email address and password under the Configure exchange account in a few steps field. Afterwards select the Manual setup option.
Note: Depending on what OS of Android you're running, if you have just the "Domain" as an option, you may leave this field blank.
6. Next, enter the Domain address exactly as it appears from the Setting Up ActiveSync window followed by a "\" (backslash) with the username exactly as it appears from the Setting Up ActiveSync window. Then enter in your password and the Exchange server exactly as it appears from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
7. On the following screen, select OK. Next, select all that apply to you and on the last screen, give your account a name and you're finished. Mail will start populating in your inbox if everything was done correctly.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER