Creating Online Disks For Cloud Drive
Note: We no longer accept new sign-ups for Cloud Drive, though it is still supported for existing customers. New customers should use the equivalent service offered via JungleDisk instead.
Creating Online Disk(s) allows administrators to create more than one disk for each user. This can be beneficial if you have two different groups of users who need to access to different data. Let's take a look below on how to set this up:
Creating Online Disk(s):
1. First thing will do is login into your cloud drive control panel (e.g, http://example.myjungledisk.com). Once you're logged in, select Online Disk Management link under Workgroup.
2. Create an Online Disk Name (e.g., finance, documents, sales) and then select the following options that apply:
- Storage Provider - Select a storage company. This will be the data host for the online disk.
- Location - Select the location for your data storage.
- Reporting User - Select a user that this disk will be listed under when running reports.
- Enabled Features - Select disk features as desired.
- Local Drive Mapping - The user can map the disk on their computer just like a network drive.
- Sync Folders - The user can select files and folders to automatically sync between the online disk and their computer.
- Automatic Backup - The user can schedule backups for selected folders or drives and restore data from the online disk.
- Security - Select the level of security. High security will give users the option of entering a password.
3. Select the Create Online Disk button when you're finished.
Note: Under the User Access section, you can add users and set their level of access. To learn how to set user access to multiple disks, move on to the next step .
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER