Adding Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes
The following article will show you how to add a single Microsoft Exchange mailbox, or multiple Exchange boxes using a .CSV file. Let's take a look at the steps to get you going:
- Log in to the control panel at cp.rackspace.com. In the Microsoft Exchange section select the Add / Edit Mailboxlink.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Otherwise, select the Add Mailbox button.
- Enter the requested information in the fields provided:
- First and Last Name: Enter first and last name information for the mailbox owner in the spaces provided (this is optional).
- Display Name: Enter the name that should be associated with the mailbox. This name will be displayed when the user sends email (this is optional).
- User Name: This will be the email address: E.g. email@example.com.
- Password: Enter a password for the email account. The password requirements are:
- Must be at least 8 characters
- Cannot include your username, display name, or full name
- Must contain 3 of the 4 character groups: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numerals 0-9, or non-alphabetic characters (such as !, $, #, %). Example: Ex@mple1 is a valid password.
- Confirm the password by retyping the password you entered in the Password box.
- Microsoft Outlook license: This will allow the user to download Outlook from the user control panel (http://cp.rackspace.com/usercp).
- Public Folder Admin: This will give the user permission to create new and administer public folders they create.
- Select the Save button and the mailbox will appear in the list. To manage additional features for the mailbox, such as Forwarding / Auto-Reply, Aliases, or Settings, click the mailbox name and then click the corresponding tab.
Adding Multiple Mailboxes
To add multiple mailboxes at once; please see the instructions below:
- Log in to the control panel at cp.rackspace.com and in the Email Accounts section, select the Add / Edit Mailbox link for either Rackspace Email or Microsft Exchange.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name; otherwise, select the Multiple Add Mailbox button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file containing the information detailed in the Data Format section.
Note: Passwords must contain at least 8 characters, including at least 3 of the following: English uppercase characters; English lowercase characters; numerals (0-9); and non-alphabetic characters (such as !, #, $, %).
- In the Import File section, click Browse and locate and select the CSV or Excel file you created.
- Select Open and then Import. Mailbox information will be imported and the mailboxes will be created. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER