Rackspace Giving Guidelines
To be eligible for contributions, organizations must:
- Qualify for non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Code
- Benefit the local communities served by Rackspace Hosting
- Demonstrate sound and responsible financial policies and management
- Be aligned with Rackspace's philanthropic focus (science, technology, engineering, arts, math)
As a rule, we do not make contributions to:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, religion or national origin
- Projects of a political nature
- Religious organizations
- Disease-specific groups or health/medical-based causes, except under special circumstances
- Organization-based walks, runs, tournaments, skeet shoots, etc.
- Hospital or city projects, except under special circumstances
- Banquets, parties, galas or community festivals, except under special circumstances
- Special-occasion or goodwill advertising
- Loans or investments
- Merchandise or advertising promotions
Why do we focus on these areas?
- Arts & Culture: We ask Rackers to think creatively every day. We challenge them to innovate, to be resourceful, and to create an experience like none other for our customers. Creativity is a talent that must be cultivated. Building a culture of creativity takes explicit focus. This is important to San Antonio, and it’s important to Rackspace.
- Education: A great education can elevate an entire community. We believe in the transformative value of education — and we walk the walk.
- Technology: As an IT company, we encourage the organizations we work with to focus on their core business, not wrestle with outdated systems. We are the service leader in the cloud, and we believe non-profits deserve to have nimble, efficient IT solutions that help them do great work in our community.
Rack Gives Back also gives back in our satellite cities:
- New River Valley Rocketry with Virginia Tech
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
San Francisco, CA
- The Gardens of Alcatraz
- San Francisco Food Bank
- Creativity Explored
- Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment