How Managed Cloud Can Supercharge Your IT Transformation
In the modern marketplace, fast-emerging technologies have changed the business landscape.
From start-ups to large enterprises, companies can leverage cutting edge tools and systems to increase profits, gain competitive advantage, and revolutionize the way they do business. Within this wild frontier, the rapid development of cloud capabilities has created a vast and seemingly limitless landscape for IT transformation.
As organizations embark on a journey of innovation, breaking down the process into quantifiable, actionable steps can increase the chances of long-term success.
First, companies must plan their course to align IT with the overall business strategy, and assess current capabilities against future needs. Building on this framework, they then can design a comprehensive approach to process and workflow transformation. This strategic preparation is especially critical when IT transformation involves migrating to the cloud, so companies can take full advantage of the flexibility, scalability and cost-efficiencies of cloud platforms without taxing internal resources to keep systems secure and fully operational.
And because IT transformation is not a one-time event, but an ongoing activity, companies must also address how to manage the new systems and processes they have in place, to avoid potential crises that can slow or even cripple the business.
Benefits of managed cloud
The ultimate goal of IT transformation is to empower IT to be proactive rather than reactive, acting as a hub of innovation, strategy and agility, notes Rackspace CIO Ryan Neading in “The CIO’s IT Transformation Survival Guide.” Migrating data and apps to the cloud supports this goal by allowing IT teams to build system architecture according to current and future needs, automating and streamlining operational processes, and providing an environment conducive to testing and experimentation. Once the decision to move to the cloud has been made, however, the question remains of who will manage the platform.
Using a managed cloud service lets a business enjoy all the benefits of cloud computing without devoting significant resources to keeping systems secure and fully operational. The advantages of this approach include:
- Less complexity - A managed cloud provider affords businesses direct access to the expertise that is needed to take full advantage of cloud capabilities by overseeing functions at the infrastructure level, as well as the applications and tools that drive innovation, improve efficiency, and increase profitability. Companies can choose which functions to handle in-house, while trusting the managed cloud provider to oversee the rest, from storage, networks and operating systems, to automation tools and ecommerce platforms.
- Lower total cost of ownership - Moving to the cloud in many cases means a lower total cost of ownership for the business, as well. In addition to eliminating the capital expense of acquiring hardware and software for an internal data center, using the resources and expertise of a managed cloud provider can reduce operational outlays associated with installing, managing and securing systems and applications. Reduced downtime and time-to-market delays can add up to indirect cost savings, as well.
- Greater ability to focus on strategic activities - Managed public and private cloud platforms also free up internal IT staff or partners to focus on the core business. In today’s highly competitive technology marketplace, recruiting and retaining specialists who possess the experience and expertise to effectively manage architecture design, security and operations can be costly and time consuming.
“Finding the people that are either already certified or capable of obtaining the certification of some of these cloud platforms is a very big challenge,” said Rackspace President Jeff Cotten in an interview with Talkin’ Cloud. By using a managed cloud provider, companies can continue to develop new products, build apps, and attract more customers, rather than dedicating staff and financial resources to monitoring data and keeping up with evolving technologies.
Fanatical Support for managed cloud
Managed public cloud platforms give companies full control over their environment, along with cutting edge features designed to foster business growth. Private cloud solutions appeal to companies wanting a flexible IT infrastructure that can scale on demand while delivering a high level of performance, security and control.
Regardless of which managed cloud you choose, our global team of networking experts take an intelligent and systematic approach to network performance monitoring, so we can deliver speed of service and reliability to every customer, anywhere in the world. With accurate and effective monitoring, we can instantly detect and address disruptions, breaches, and network downtime. You have the peace of mind that comes with knowing your infrastructure is available, connected to the network, and performing at its peak, day or night.
Rackspace Fanatical Support for managed cloud services provides numerous additional features to deliver reliability and uptime for your business, including:
- Managed firewall and VPN access
- OS patching
- Bandwidth utilization reporting
- Managed backups
- Server virus and malware scanning
- Advanced system performance and device monitoring
- Two-factor authentication and role based access controls
- Rackspace DDoS mitigation
Behind the scenes, our highly trained data center specialists work around the clock to secure and operate your servers, networks and applications on the cloud. Our dedicated support team consultants are also available 24x7x365 to help with questions, from application design to performance optimization and technical concerns, so you get maximum impact from your IT transformation initiatives.
Whether you are on the threshold of your journey or in the midst of an evolving process, download our free eBook, “The CIO’s IT Transformation Survival Guide,” for more tools and insights to guide you along the pathway to success.
5S Methodology: Optimizing Your Workspaces for More Productivity
August 4th, 2022
Our India Center of Excellence Certified as a Best Place to Work
July 29th, 2022
What’s Driving Financial Institutions to Move to Cloud?
July 27th, 2022