Rackspace Technology Data Centers: Kansas City (MCI1)
Enterprise-grade infrastructure, managed by data center specialistsExplore Data Centers
Rackspace's Kansas City, Missouri data center supports Rackspace's comprehensive managed hybrid solutions. The data center features fully-redundant power and is carrier-neutral with multiple Tier 1 providers.Download the PDF
Data center statistics and specifics
- 24-hour internal and external video surveillance, 90-day minimum retention policy
- 24x7x365 facility and network monitoring 24x7x365 security staff, strictly enforced security procedures
- Multiple mantraps with reinforced walls
- Enhanced security options to dedicated suites available
- One of the first facilities to implement true three factor security
- Completely fenced in, with security gate access granted only with a Rackspace-approved card, or by ringing the intercom and giving the security guards a ticket number
- Visitors are escorted by authorized personnel at all times
- Managed Dedicated Hosting
- Network Management
- Managed Security
- Compliance Management
- Hybrid & Multicloud
- Full Tier 4 design N+N from utility to rack
- Dual 1.5 MW static UPS feeds on each side
- Dual 2.5 MW generators
- Facility is fed by redundant 13.2 Utility feeds set up in a N+N design
- Carrier-neutral Facility with over 20 Tier 1 providers
- Dedicated Dark Fiber Ring with diverse paths and full redundancy
- Direct connectivity to Rackspace network available
- Direct Fiber connectivity to primary New York City POP
- Network fully supports Fiber channel, SONET and Ethernet handoffs
- Advanced multi-zone, double pre-action, dry pipe-fire suppression system
- Fully redundant power for building and security management systems
- Hot/cold aisles with hot aisle containment
- Relative humidity range from 40% - 60% RH
- Temperature range of 72oF +/- 5oF
- Raised floor cold Plenum supply, ceiling warm return plenum to provide uniform cooling distribution
- 30-ton Liebert DX-type CRAC units with air-cooled condensors on the roof
- All cooling is set up in a N+1 configuration
- HIPAA Compliant
- PCI Level 1 Service Provider Certified
- SSAE16 Certified
- Tier III Standards Compliant
Our world-class, interconnected data centers are strategically located in the world’s most influential technical and financial markets to provide you with global reach, scale, and organizational agility wherever you are and whenever you need it.
Our Industry-Leading Guarantees
Customers in over 120 countries, including over half of the FORTUNE® 100, rely on our 100% Network Uptime Guarantee and infrastructure guarantees.
We guarantee that our data center will be available 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled or emergency maintenance. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of network downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected server.
We guarantee that data center HVAC and power will be functioning 100% of the time, excluding scheduled or emergency maintenance. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of data center infrastructure downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected server.
Hardware Replacement Guarantee
We guarantee that replacement or repair of Rackspace Technology-provided hardware or components will begin within one hour of problem identification. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected hardware.
Ready to start the conversation?
We’re experts on your side, doing what it takes to get the job done right — from the first consultation to your daily operations.