Rackspace Launches Colocation Services to Support Enterprises with Digital Transformation
London, 12th June 2018 – Rackspace today announced the launch of Rackspace Colocation, a new service that allows customers to deploy their own hardware in Rackspace data centres. Leveraging resilient critical infrastructure, network and on-ground support services, Rackspace is focused on delivering true transformation as a service across applications, data, security and infrastructure. The new Rackspace Colocation offering enables organisations to reduce their total cost of ownership (TCO), while improving scalability, strengthening disaster recovery capabilities, reducing application latency and helping IT meet stringent security and compliance requirements. According to 451 Research, the colocation market will grow at a 12 percent compound annual growth rate through 2020. Enterprises are using colocation to kick off their cloud journey by getting out of their self-managed data centre to lower their TCO as they seek to optimise their IT portfolio across public and private clouds. Beyond the financial implications, businesses are also adopting colocation solutions to achieve geographic diversity, forge strategic low latency connections with cloud services providers, augment disaster recovery strategies and to ensure their workloads are running in facilities that meet specific security and compliance mandates. “Enterprises need a colocation provider that can also be a trusted cloud adviser as they embark on their cloud journey,” said Henry Tran, general manager of managed hosting at Rackspace. “Rackspace is the only colocation provider that can offer customers a world-class colocation solution today, while also serving as the sole partner they will need in the long-term to migrate to and manage their public cloud, private cloud, managed hosting or bare metal platforms.” Colocation serves as a bridge to managed hosting and the cloud for organisations with existing investments in on-premises hardware. These organisations find significant value in employing colocation solutions to solve specific business needs without incurring the expense of decommissioning their own infrastructure. Rather than refactoring applications to operate in a new environment today, customers can simply “lift and shift” their mission critical applications running on existing hardware into Rackspace data centres. While customer-owned infrastructure realises its full book value off-premises, Rackspace professionals will develop and execute a longer-term digital transformation strategy. Rackspace is uniquely positioned to provide solutions and services beyond traditional colocation, as customers are able to combine their colocation hardware with Rackspace managed services such as Managed Backup, shared storage arrays and other services. With hundreds of highly qualified technical experts, Rackspace is also able to deliver an unmatched level of support and a Fanatical ExperienceTM for colocation customers. Rackspace Colocation provides enterprises with several key features including:
- Improved Capacity Planning – Simplified pricing allows customers to reserve the power their devices require by the kilowatt
- Seamless Cross Connects – Customers can seamlessly scale into the public cloud, private cloud, managed hosting, third-party data centre or Rackspace hosted environment with flexible connectivity solutions
- “Smart Hands” Service Guarantee – Rackspace delivers a hands-on hardware service, which guarantees a response to a customer’s request within an hour and to complete the work within 24 hours
- Enhanced Security and Reliability – Rackspace offers a portfolio of secure, reliable data centres, which are all concurrently maintainable with at least N+1 redundancy across critical electrical and mechanical systems. These facilities also feature multiple security protocol, making Rackspace data centres among the most advanced in the industry
- Robust Public Cloud Ecosystem – Rackspace not only establishes direct connections between colocation customers and AWSTM, AzureTM, GoogleTM and AlibabaTM clouds via RackConnect®, it can also facilitate the migration of workloads to those platforms and help manage them
Rackspace Colocation is a carrier neutral offering with an average of eight carriers per colocation data centre. With this offering, customers can leverage Rackspace’s global data centre footprint with locations in Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, Northern New Jersey, Northern Virginia, San Jose, Hong Kong, London, Moscow and Sydney. The new Rackspace Colocation solution is now in general availability for customers globally. For more information on this offering, please visit: https://www.rackspace.com/colocation.
About Rackspace Rackspace is modernising IT in today’s multi-cloud world. By delivering IT as a service, we help customers of all industries, sizes, and locations realise the power of digital transformation without the complexity and expense of managing it on their own. Our comprehensive portfolio of managed services across applications, data, security and infrastructure on the world’s leading public and private cloud platforms enables us to provide unbiased expertise. Rackspace has been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Learn more at www.rackspace.com.
Media Contact Michael House Michael.House@rackspace.co.uk +44 (0) 208 734 4069 AWS is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.