Rackspace Technology Data Centers: London (LON3)
Enterprise-grade infrastructure, managed by data center specialistsExplore Data Centers
Our LON3 data center is located in Slough, Berkshire, just west of London. This 5,000-square-meter facility features N+1 power and N+3 cooling redundancy and runs on 100% renewable energy. We staff specially trained, highly experienced system and network engineers who actively manage and maintain the facility 24x7x365. We protect the facility from physical threats by employing biometric scanners, video surveillance, alarm systems, key card access and laser-based smoke detection.Download the PDF
Data center statistics and specifics
- 24x7x365 security staff, strictly enforced security procedures
- Dedicated 24x7x365 facilities management team
- Mantrap at entryway
- Multiple CCTV cameras (interior and exterior)
- Suites covered by Rackspace cameras, with 90-day video retention
- Secure managed delivery and loading area
- Three-factor security access
- 3.1 MW of power per floor plate
- Diverse A&B supply, distributed via 11kV incomers
- Main power supplied via 2 x 132kV incomers
- Multiple 200kw static UPS units supporting the B-side of all equipment
- Minimum N+1 redundancy on power supply
- On-site diesel tanks (4x119,000 liters) support 50 hours at full capacity with 8 hour, 24x7x365 fuel delivery callout contract in place
- Power/cooling systems supported by up to 33 no-break Rotary Diesel UPS sets
- Close control units (CCUs) provide conditioned air to technical space
- Diverse chilled water distribution pipework (ring main type) throughout the facility
- Dry risers to all floors
- Gas suppression system using centrally stored Inergen
- Humidity range of 50% (+/-10%) in technical areas
- Minimum N+1 resilience on chilled water cooling system
- Temperature in technical space maintained at 22°C (+/-2°C)
- Up to 25 air-cooled chillers installed, supplying 1.4MW of cooling per chiller
- VESDA smoke detection system
- Rackspace network features redundant fiber sources and redundant aggregate switches and core routers
- Direct BGP peering with five Tier 1 providers; BTN, Interoute, Level 3, Tiscali, and T-Systems
- ISO 27001 Certified
- ISO 9001 and BS7799 Compliant
- HIPAA Compliant
- PCI Level 1 Service Provider Certified
- SSAE16 Certified
- Tier III Standards Compliant
Our world-class, interconnected data centers are strategically located in the world’s most influential technical and financial markets to provide you with global reach, scale, and organizational agility wherever you are and whenever you need it.
Our Industry-Leading Guarantees
Customers in over 120 countries, including over half of the FORTUNE® 100, rely on our 100% Network Uptime Guarantee and infrastructure guarantees.
We guarantee that our data center will be available 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled or emergency maintenance. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of network downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected server.
We guarantee that data center HVAC and power will be functioning 100% of the time, excluding scheduled or emergency maintenance. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of data center infrastructure downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected server.
Hardware Replacement Guarantee
We guarantee that replacement or repair of Rackspace Technology-provided hardware or components will begin within one hour of problem identification. Otherwise, we apply a 5% credit of your monthly fee for each 30 minutes of downtime, up to 100% of your monthly fee for the affected hardware.
Ready to start the conversation?
We’re experts on your side, doing what it takes to get the job done right — from the first consultation to your daily operations.