Rackspace Launches Managed OpenStack Private Cloud to Deliver Industry Leading Guarantee and DevOps Services
Sep 25, 2014
Managed Offering Enables Customers to Seamlessly Scale to Hundreds of Nodes
SAN ANTONIO – Sept. 25, 2014 – Rackspace® (NYSE:RAX), the #1 managed cloud company, today announced the next global release of its Rackspace Private Cloud offering powered by OpenStack designed to run enterprise production workloads. The offering now includes an industry leading 99.99 percent OpenStack API uptime guarantee, increased scalability to hundreds of nodes and DevOps automation services for application lifecycle management.
The Rackspace Private Cloud delivers the agility and efficiency of a public cloud combined with the enhanced security, control and performance of a dedicated environment. Customers can deploy Rackspace Private Cloud in their data center, at Rackspace or in both locations all backed by Fanatical Support®.
"Rackspace Private Cloud was designed to deliver stable API-driven OpenStack infrastructure so that our customers can focus on the development of business-critical, revenue-generating applications,” said Darrin Hanson, vice president, Rackspace Private Cloud. “Rackspace’s expertise in operating OpenStack clouds allows our customers to take advantage of a private cloud without investing in in-house operational expertise. With the addition of an industry leading guarantee and DevOps automation of the application lifecycle, customers can rest assured that Rackspace Private Cloud delivers a production-ready platform that can unlock the full power of cloud technology.”
The offering combines expertise, services and guarantees with the OpenStack Icehouse release, enabling customers to take advantage of the following:
- Scalability with Availability – Rackspace Private Cloud is designed to scale enterprise production workloads. It includes a 99.99 percent OpenStack API uptime guarantee, designed to scale to hundreds of nodes and deliver high availability with consistent performance. It deploys OpenStack services using Linux containers, which allows customers to independently scale each service and provides the ability to perform seamless, in-place upgrades from one release to another.
- Application-Level Automation — Unlocking the full power of a cloud requires automation. Rackspace DevOps Automation Services help customers automate their process for deploying and scaling applications by treating their infrastructure as code. In addition, Rackspace Private Cloud supports OpenStack Orchestration (Heat), which helps customers automate the provisioning of infrastructure, services and applications.
- Expertise – Rackspace Private Cloud is built and operated by the company who co-founded OpenStack, is a top contributor to OpenStack and now runs one of the world’s largest OpenStack-powered clouds.
- Hybrid –Customers have the ability toburst into the public cloud by using RackConnect® to securely connect the customer’s Rackspace Private Cloud with the Rackspace Public Cloud.
- Fanatical Support® - Rackspace Private Cloud is backed with Fanatical Support that includes 24x7x365 access to a team of experts, a dedicated account manager, an optional dedicated OpenStack engineer, proactive monitoring and 100 percent network uptime guarantee when hosted in a Rackspace data center.
- Deploy Anywhere - Flexible solution that offers customers the ability to deploy anywhere in nine Rackspace data centers around the globe, in their data center, or in both locations.
“The OpenStack market is on a tear with 451 Research’s forecasts putting it at $3.3 billion by 2018,” said Michael Cote, research director, 451 Research. “This growth is driven by both public and private cloud usage with private cloud getting much of the enterprise's attention. These companies are interested in the agility benefits of cloud but also want single-tenant, private cloud deployment models. Often, they also look for assistance in getting the clouds up and running and then managing it ongoing. Rackspace Private Cloud fits nicely into that list of requirements extensive experience with OpenStack being a co-founder of the project and running one of the largest OpenStack powered clouds.”
The new release of Rackspace Private Cloud is immediately available in the U.S. and will roll out in Rackspace international data centers in early October 2014. To learn more about Rackspace Private Cloud, please visit: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/private/
Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) is the #1 managed cloud company. Its technical expertise andFanatical Support®allow companies to tap the power of the cloud without the pain of hiring experts in dozens of complex technologies. Rackspace is also the leader in hybrid cloud, giving each customer the best fit for its unique needs — whether on single- or multi-tenant servers, or a combination of those platforms. Rackspace is the founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Based in San Antonio, Rackspace serves more than 200,000 business customers from data centers on four continents. It ranks #29 on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. www.rackspace.com
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Rackspace Hosting could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any statements concerning expected development, performance or market acceptance associated with Rackspace Private Cloud services; anticipated operational and financial benefits from Rackspace Private Cloud services; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that expected benefits from Rackspace Private Cloud services may not materialize because this service is not generally accepted in the marketplace, which could occur due to certain factors including (i) a failure to market the service cost effectively, differentiate the product from competitive services or communicate differentiations effectively, (ii) the reliability, quality or compatibility associated with the services, (iii) changes in technology which adversely affect the services’ benefit, (iv) slowdowns in the general economy or technology industry that impact consumer spending habits, (v) internal strategy decisions that impact the services, and (vi) and other risks that are described in Rackspace Hosting’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, filed with the SEC on August 11, 2014. Except as required by law, Rackspace Hosting assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
Erfahren Sie mehr unter www.rackspace.com/de oder rufen Sie uns an: +41 (0)43 430 3940.
Recent Press Releases
2019 Buddymail 5 Prognosen fur 2020
November 27th, 2019
Newsroom Article 3 Schritte
Dezember 12th, 2019
Newsroom Article Schritte digitaler Wandel
Dezember 9th, 2019
Übernahme abgeschlossen: Onica gehört jetzt zu Rackspace
Dezember 3rd, 2019