ObjectRocket by Rackspace Adds High Performance Redis Data Store
Simplifies Application Development with Instant-on, High Performance, Highly Available Redis Instances in the Cloud
SAN ANTONIO – August 14, 2014 – Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX), the #1 managed cloud company, today announced the addition of Redis to ObjectRocket,™ its managed data service. ObjectRocket for Redis simplifies application development by providing instant-on, high performance, highly available Redis instances.
“Redis in production shouldn’t be a do-it-yourself proposition,” said Chris Lalonde, senior director of product at ObjectRocket by Rackspace. “With ObjectRocket for Redis, we are giving developers the same pain relief we’ve provided with ObjectRocket for MongoDB. We monitor, manage and support the database so developers can focus on building their applications.”
Key features of ObjectRocket for Redis include:
- High Availability – Every instance comes automatically configured with a secondary node and free backups. Should a primary node fail, the system seamlessly fails over to the secondary node.
- Fully Managed Service with 24x7 Expert Support – ObjectRocket for Redis is backed by Redis specialists 24x7x365 who proactively monitor and fix infrastructure issues, assist with data migrations and fine-tune Redis configurations. These specialists can also provide architecture advice and data best practices.
- Simplified Operations – One click provisioning, standardized configurations and advanced administration capabilities make it easy for developers to focus on building their product while leaving the tasks of maintaining, scaling and supporting Redis to the experts.
- High Performance – Optimized specifically for Redis, ObjectRocket for Redis uses a containerized approach that eliminates the noisy neighbor issues associated with traditional virtualization. Like all of the company’s offerings, ObjectRocket for Redis was built from the ground up for performance, from the network to the OS to Redis itself. ObjectRocket for Redis was designed holistically to provide the best possible performance.
- High Bandwidth – By directly peering with multiple networks, it doesn’t matter where customers host their application - ObjectRocket for Redis is only a few milliseconds away. So customers can host their applications where they want and leave the database work to ObjectRocket.
ObjectRocket for Redis is available in the Rackspace U.S.-East data center, with availability in all U.S. datacenters and London by September 2014. Customers can provision highly available Redis cluster nodes from 500MB to 50GB+ via the ObjectRocket control panels and API.
For more information on ObjectRocket for Redis, please visit: https://www.objectrocket.com/redis
About ObjectRocket by Rackspace
ObjectRocket is the managed service for MongoDB and Redis that simplifies the developer’s life. Highly available, infinitely scalable and supported by experts, customers get a fast and simple solution. With ObjectRocket for Redis, backups are always free.
Rackspace (NYSE: RAX) is the #1 managed cloud company. Its technical expertise and Fanatical Support® allow companies to tap the power of the cloud without the pain of hiring experts in dozens of complex technologies. Rackspace is also the leader in hybrid cloud, giving each customer the best fit for its unique needs — whether on single- or multi-tenant servers, or a combination of those platforms. Rackspace is the founder of OpenStack®, the open-source operating system for the cloud. Based in San Antonio, Rackspace serves more than 200,000 business customers from data centers on four continents. It ranks #29 on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. rackspace.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Rackspace Hosting could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any statements concerning expected development, performance or market acceptance associated with ObjectRocket services for Redis; anticipated operational and financial benefits from ObjectRocket services for Redis; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that expected benefits from ObjectRocket services for Redis may not materialize because this service is not generally accepted in the marketplace, which could occur due to certain factors including (i) a failure to market the service cost effectively, differentiate the product from competitive services or communicate differentiations effectively, (ii) the reliability, quality or compatibility associated with the services, (iii) changes in technology which adversely affect the services’ benefit, (iv) slowdowns in the general economy or technology industry that impact consumer spending habits, (v) internal strategy decisions that impact the services, and (vi) and other risks that are described in Rackspace Hosting’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2014, filed with the SEC on August 11, 2014. Except as required by law, Rackspace Hosting assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.