Accelerate your business with the adoption of cloud services
Discover how businesses in your segment are leveraging the cloud today, while you explore core cloud services on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), review best practices, ideate solutions for high- priority use cases and determine if a proof-of-concept could accelerate your journey. Through our on-site Google Cloud Migration Discovery Workshop, Rackspace migration architects will work with you to determine the technical and business requirements of your project, design a high-level solution that taps the power of GCP services in the cloud and demonstrate the possibilities for your business. NDA might be required for this workshop.
Day 1 - Morning Session
9 a.m. - 12 p.m
Discovery and Knowledge-Sharing
- Overview of GCP – strengths and differentiators
- Work with a Rackspace data architect to leverage cloud-native analytics and big data services on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Discuss the 4 stages of GCP engagement: Learn, Lead, Scale, and Secure
- Present the 3 GCP Cloud Maturity frameworks within each stage: Tactical (lift and shift), Strategic (re-platform), and Transformational (modernization)
- Discuss migration phases: Assess, Plan, Deploy, and Optimize
- Understand and review priority business use cases
- Hear how businesses in your segment are leveraging cloud services
Day 1 - Afternoon Session
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Knowledge Sharing and Technical Deep Dive
- Discuss Assessment and discovery options and details
- Identify workloads and workload details included in the migration
- Identify governance and policy requirements
- Discuss backup, recovery, and disaster recovery options
- Discuss monitoring, auditing, and operational options
- Solution showcase and demos
Day 2 - Morning Session
9 a.m. - 12 p.m
Solution Design and Ideation Session
- Collaborate around business drivers and desired outcomes
- Solution ideation for your high-priority use cases
- Discuss migration options (Lift and Shift, Improve and Move, Rip and Replace), and/or modernize.
- Whiteboard requirements, outcomes and high-level architecture
- Wrap up session with discussion on next steps between a PoC and MVP solution
Workshop follow up:
Solution Architecture and Recommendations Report