Rack Gives Back in 2022 — and Beyond!
by Ashley Burrell, Racker Experience Intern
At Rackspace Technology®, giving back has always been a part of our DNA. As we start a new year, we took a few moments to reflect on the many ways that Rackers around the world have made an impact in their local communities.
Each year, Rackspace Technology designates corporate funds for paid volunteer time off, encouraging Rackers to give back to the communities in which they work. In total, Rackers donated more than 14,000 community service and volunteer hours.
Another way we gave to our communities is through Rack Gives Back, a charitable contributions program that raised more than $138,000 for local community organizations. Over the course of the year, Rackers also led more than 25 global community service events.
“From school-age science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs, donations to non-profit organizations, and countless partnerships with local organizations, Racks Gives Back is built on our core value of compassion,” said Rack Gives Back program manager Lindsey Stich. “And compassion is one way we bring Fanatical Experience® to life for communities around the world.”
Culture that spreads beyond borders
Year after year, Rackers from every corner of the world partner in global campaigns to support organizations that serve local communities or help those most in need. The impact of these campaigns can be felt globally — assisting thousands of families and raising thousands of dollars. From world hunger to war crisis efforts, these campaigns have become staples in our annual efforts to give back to all those in need.
Campaign participation during 2022
Here are just a few highlights from some of our Rackers’ many projects over the last year:
- During Global Give Back, our Corporate Month of Giving, Rackers came together to raise money for UNICEF and help provide humanitarian relief to those on the front lines in Ukraine.
- We celebrated World Literacy Day with a month-long Global Book Drive, in which Rackers donated hundreds of books for children and people around the world.
- Rackers gave the gift of life through blood drives at our San Antonio, Texas, office and our Hyderabad and Gurgaon, India, offices.
- Our 17th annual Fill a Box, Feed a Family program saw Rackers raise more than $16,000 for the San Antonio Food Bank. Our distribution event supplied provisions needed to prepare Thanksgiving meals for more than 500 families in San Antonio.
- Through our Year-End Matching Campaign, Rackers raised more than $10,000 for organizations that combat food insecurity around the globe, as well as other causes Rackers are passionate about. The company matched Racker donations dollar-per-dollar up to $10,000, bringing the total to more than $20,000.
- Rackers flexed their technical expertise in support of the community through hackathons aimed at helping non-profit organizations solve technical challenges and enhance their services.
- Through NextGen Innovators, Rackers mentored fourth- and fifth-grade students, introducing them to STEM concepts and encouraging future technology leaders to take the first steps in their technology learning journeys.
- Rackers also rallied to support the environment. In our Asia-Pacific-Japan (APJ) region, Rackers rallied to support the environment through park and stream cleanup events. Rackers in Gurgaon and Hyderabad hosted a Tree Planting Drive, planting more than 70 trees. In the UK, Rackers helped with the removal of an evasive plant called Himalayan Balsam from a national park.
Giving begins at the core
Rackspace Technology has always been and will always be a company driven by service — it’s at the core of our mission. We’ll continue to provide 40 hours annually of paid volunteer time Rackers can use in the service of organizations and causes they care about. We also host regular well-being programs and offer opportunities to give back through employee resource groups. Also, for our more tenured Rackers, a sabbatical program grants extended paid leave to use in service to organizations that have significance to Rackers.
“We are one team, doing the right thing for our customers, communities and each other,” Stich said. “We have created an environment that allows Rackers to provide impact — internally and externally. We love seeing Rackers bring this impact to life.”
Every day, more events, more hours and more donations pour into local communities through our Rack Gives Back program. As we look back over 2022 and toward the coming year, we applaud our Rackers for nurturing their passions to impact the world, care for others and give back to local communities.
In 2023, we’re excited to be expanding on our legacy signature programs, like our corporate month of giving and our global food drive. We will also continue to innovate with newer programs, like our NextGen Innovators mentorship program. Through that program, we will partner with provide mentorship opportunities to local middle school students. Also, our hackathons will help nonprofit organizations solve some of their technical challenges.
We are excited to continue this journey of giving and having an impact on global communities through Racker’s compassion and commitment to Fanatical Experience®.
Highlights from Swami Sivasubramanian's AWS re:Invent 2023 Keynote
November 29th, 2023
Highlights from Adam Selipsky's AWS re:Invent 2023 Keynote
November 28th, 2023
Highlights from the AWS re:Invent 2023 Keynote with Peter DeSantis
November 28th, 2023