Set Up Microsoft® Exchange - Outlook® 2010
Manually Setting up Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2010:
Although we encourage our customers to set up Outlook using Autodiscover, below you can find a guide that will get you going right away.
To see the benefits of using Autodiscover, please visit our "Autodiscover" article.
Note: You will need your Outlook 2010 Setup instructions located at the following URL - https://cp.rackspace.com/usercp
- Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, Double-click the Mail icon.
Note: Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon or it may state 32-Bit.
- Click the Show Profiles button, click the Add button to build a new profile and enter a name for this profile as desired and click the OK button.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, click the Next button, select the Microsoft Exchange option button and click the Next button.
- Enter the Microsoft Exchange server address from the Setting Up Outlook 2010 Manually section in the Setting Up Outlook 2010 instructions and select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address, select the More Settings button.
- Click the Connection tab, Under Outlook Anywhere, select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box.
- Select the Exchange Proxy Settings button, enter the Proxy Server address from the Setting Up Outlook 2010 instructions.
- Select the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes and under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
- Click on Ok, Apply, then Ok one more time, select the Check Name button in the Connect window, enter your email Password and click the OK button.
Note: You may get a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
- Your name will be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Select next, then finish; open Outlook and select your Exchange profile and enter in your username and password.