Our Global Data Centers
Rackspace® Hosting services are supported by nine (9) data centers located in the U.S., the UK,
Hong Kong, and Australia—to serve global customer needs.
- Grapevine, TX
- Richardson, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Herndon, VA
- Ashburn, VA
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior
surveillance monitor access to every one of our data centers.
- Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to our data centers. No one
else can enter the production area of the datacenter without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks
before they're hired.
- Every data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This
ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust
- Our advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely
event one should occur.
- Should a total utility power outage
ever occur, all of our data centers' power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server
receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- Our UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
Core Routing Equipment
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in Rackspace data centers.
- Fiber carriers enter our data centers at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- We require that the networking and security teams working in our data centers be certified. We also
require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise level networks.
- Our Certified Network Technicians are trained to the highest industry standards.