Viewing and editing user information for your account
This article provides a closer look at the services available on the Account Settings and User Management pages in the Cloud Control Panel. You access these pages from the Account menu located in the top-right corner of the control panel.
Account Settings page
Use the Account Settings page to view or adjust login details, contact information for the primary contact on your account, and time zone preferences.
- Use the Login Details section to update your password, email address, or security question. Your username is set at the time that you create your account and cannot be changed. To use a different username, you must close the account and create a new one. Each account has only one username, and there are no subaccounts. If you have multiple team members who need to access the Rackspace Cloud account, you must add each one as a member on the User Management page.
Your API key is a unique alphanumeric identifier associated with your account. You can use the API key to manage your assets through a scripting interface. You can view , copy, or reset your API key in the Login Details section.
- In the Contact Information section, pay special attention to the information that you have set for the primary contact. The primary contact is the person who is authorized to make service requests, and the specified email address is the only one that is contacted when a service-impacting event occurs. Ensure that the address for the primary contact is set up to receive critical information and is monitored 24 hours a day.
- Select your local time zone in the Preferences section.
Use the User Management page to edit user-related information, such as email addresses and passwords, and to add new users.
- To make changes for a user, click the gear icon next the user name and select Edit Email Address, Change Password, Edit Security Question, or Edit Contact information. Complete the applicable fields in the resulting popup dialog box and save the changess.
- To add a new user, click Create User. On the Create User page, enter information for the new user’s login, access levels, and contact information. For information about access controls for your new users, see Overview: Role Based Access Control (RBAC). After you have entered all of the information for the new user, click the Create User button at the bottom of the page.
For information about the many options that are available to you while using Rackspace Cloud services, see Getting Support.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER