Updating Password Authentication Method on Thunderbird
To ensure Thunderbird's settings are properly configured:
1. In Thunderbird, go to "Tools" > "Account Settings..."
2. Select the Outgoing Server category
3. Select your SMTP server. Then hit "Edit..."
4. Under "Authentication Method", change the option from "Encrypted password" to "Normal Password".
Note: Normal Password authentication will not decrease the security of email transmission as that data is being delivered over a secure SSL connection.
5. Select OK to accept your changes, then OK again to close the Account Settings dialogue.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License