The JW Player has a commercial license, which means you must purchase it from Longtail video: http://www.longtailvideo.com/order.
Supported media formats for JW Player:
1. Download the JW Player from www.longtailvideo.com/jw-player/.
2. Unzip the file and upload it to a Cloud Files container.
Note: You may choose to upload the player in the container that holds your media or in another container.
3. Download the Akamai Advanced JW Player Provider plugin files for JW Player 6.
4. Unzip the plugin files and upload them to the same container as the JW Player.
5. Confirm that the container that holds your player and plugin are CDN-Enabled. If it is not, you may enable it through the New Cloud Control Panel or through the API.
From the New Cloud Control Panel:
From the API, see the API Dev Guide section, "CDN-Enable a Container".
There are three elements you must add to your web page in order to make JW Player work: a SCRIPT element that points to the player, a DIV that positions the player, and a SCRIPT that calls the player and the media.
1. Add a SCRIPT element to the HEAD of your HTML that points to jwplayer.js file.
For this step, you need the link to the jwplayer.js file you uploaded in the above instructions. To get the link from the New Cloud Control Panel:
Enter this SCRIPT to the HEAD of your HTML page, substituting in the link to your jwplayerjs file:
2. Add a DIV element to your HTML page with a unique ID attribute value, such as "player". The "Loading the player..." text is whatever text you would like to display while the player loads.
<div id="player">Loading the player...</div>
3. Add a SCRIPT element right below the DIV you created in Step 2. This adds the JW Player and your media to your page.
This SCRIPT uses the following options:
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License