Setting Up Sub-Accounts For Cloud Drive
Note: We no longer accept new sign-ups for Cloud Drive, though it is still supported for existing customers. New customers should use the equivalent service offered via JungleDisk instead.
Cloud Drive allows administrators to create Sub-Accounts for users within your group for sharing. After you've created your master account, you'll be prompted to create Sub-Accounts for users. Let's take a look at the article below to get you setup:
Setting Up Sub-Accounts:
1. First thing you'll do is login to your control panel at http://cp.rackspace.com. Select Manage via Jungle Disk, and then select Sub-Account Management under Workgroup.
Note: If you're not allowed to create a Sub-Account, be sure that you've created your Master Account first.
2. Next, create a Username, Password, and Tags (optional) for your Sub-Account.
Note: Tags are used to sort users in generated reports and are purely for informational purposes (e.g., Finance, CEO, HR).
3. Select the following option you would like to apply to your Sub-Account.
Note: If the Private Online Disk check box is selected, an online disk will be created for this user and they will automatically be granted access to this disk.
4. If you're adding a Private Online Disk for this sub-account, select the following options that you would like applied:
- Storage Provider - Select a storage company. This will be the data host for the online disk.
- Location - Select the location for your data storage.
- Enabled Features - Select disk features as desired.
- Local Drive Mapping - The user can map the disk on their computer just like a network drive.
- Sync Folders - The user can select files and folders to automatically sync between the online disk and their computer.
- Automatic Backup - The user can schedule backups for selected folders or drives and restore data from the online disk.
5. Once you're finished, select the Create New Sub-Account button.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER