Set up Microsoft Exchange 2010 with Mac Mail
The following article shows you how to set up your Microsoft Exchange 2010 email account with Mac Mail.
Note: Exchange 2010 runs only on Mac OS X version 10.6 or later. If you're unsure about which OS X version you're running, click the Apple icon located in the top-left corner and select About This Mac.
To set up Exchange 2010
- Open Mac Mail and select Mail > Preferences.
- In the new window that appears, click the Accounts tab in the top menu bar and then click the plus (+) symbol in the lower-left corner.
- Select Exchange and then click Continue.
- On the next page, enter your full name and your entire Microsoft Exchange email address and password,and then click Continue.
- If your Autodiscover CNAME record is set correctly, Mail automatically pulls the correct server settings for you. Skip to step 6.
- If the Autodiscover CNAME record is not set correctly, you can set up the account manually. Continue to step 5.
- Enter the following information and then click Continue:
- Description – Enter a descriptive name for your mail account (for example, Work Mail).
- User Name – Enter your entire email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password – Enter the password associated with the email account you are setting up.
- Server Address – Enter connect.emailsrvr.com.
- Confirm the settings and then click Continue.
- Choose any other options that you want to enable, and then click Done.
Your Microsoft Exchange 2010 email account is now set up with Mac Mail.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER