List Cloud Servers and Cloud Server Information
In addition to CPU, RAM, and disk space configuration, you may view additional disk, I/O, and networking information about available Cloud Servers. Use this information to help you decide which Cloud Server is right for your needs. You may view the servers through either the command line novaclient or the Cloud Control Panel GUI.
For information about installing novaclient on Windows, Linux, or Mac systems, see Using python-novaclient with the Rackspace Cloud.
In the command line, run the following command:
$ nova flavor-list
All available configurations display.
The server list contains the following information:
- ID - The configuration ID
- Name - The configuration name, labeled by RAM size and performance type
- Memory_MB - The amount of RAM the configuration has
- Disk - The size of disk in GB (for Performance Cloud Servers, the size of the system disk)
- Emphemeral - The size of the data disk
- Swap - The size of the swap space
- VCPUs - the number of virtual CPUs associated with the configuration
- RXTX_Factor - Amount of bandwidth, in Mbps, allocated to the PublicNet ports, ServiceNet ports, and isolated networks (Cloud Networks) attached to a server
- Is_Public - Not used
You will see one of the following possible result sets, depending on whether the region you selected supports Performance Cloud Servers:
Server List for Performance and Standard Servers
Server List for only Standard Servers
Copy the ID of the configuration you want to use from the ID field. You will need it to create your server. See the Cloud Servers Developer Guide to create a cloud server with novaclient.
You may view all the available information for your cloud server through the Cloud Control Panel GUI. On a single screen, you may choose what type of server to create (Windows or Linux), and the server configuration that best suits your needs. Each server option has a unique configuration of RAM, CPUs, and disk space.
- Log in to the Cloud Control Panel (mycloud.rackspace.com)
- Under the Servers tab, click Create Server.
- Enter a name and choose a location for your server.
- Select the operating system for your server.
- Select the configuration by choosing the class of server: Standard, Performance 1, or Performance 2.
- Use the slider bar to select the configuration of your server.
The Cloud Control Panel list the following information for each configuration:
- CPU - The number of vCPUs associated with configuration
- RAM - The amount of RAM associated with the configuration
- System Disk - The size of the system disk (either 20 GB or 40 GB)
- Data Disk - The size of the data disk associated with the configuration
- Network - The network throughput associated with the configuration
- Disk I/O - A comparison of the I/O speed of your configuration -- Good, Better, or Best
Below the server information is some guidance to help you decide if the configuration is right for you.
When you are satisfied with your server information and configuration, click Create Server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER