Installing MySQL on Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012
Follow the procedure below to set up MySQL on Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 with the Microsoft Web Platform Installer or WebPI.
Installing MS WebPI
The Microsoft Web Platform Installer makes it simple to install a variety of applications to your Windows Server 2008R2 or 2012 server. The WebPI application can be downloaded from the internet at the following link WebPI.
1. To install launch Internet Explorer from your Windows Server and go to the following URL
2. Click the Free Download link and save the file to your local file system.
1. Launch the WebPI application. This can be done by running the wpilauncher.exe file that was downloaded in the previous section.
2. Search for MySQL in the search bar. Select Add next to MySQL Windows 5.1 and click Install to start the installation.
3. Provide a password for the root account of the MySQL server.
4. Review the licensing agreement and select I Accept if you agree to the license terms.
5. Congratulations, the MySQL Windows 5.1 application will be downloaded and installed on your Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 server. Select Finish once completed.
Note: You can launch MySQL by running the mysqld.exe command from the install directory. By default this is set to C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER