How do I transfer my Registered Domains out of Click and Name?
Because domain transfer processes can vary, the process outlined in this document is meant to serve as a general guideline. It only applies to customers who have either registered or transferred their domains through the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
Terms & Definitions:
- Losing Registrar - In this particular case, Click and Name (Cloud Sites Registrar) will be the loosing registrar.
- Winning Registrar - The registrar requesting the domain transfer (Name.com, Network Solutions, GoDaddy, etc.)
Initiate Transfer Request
Sign up with the Domain Registrar of your choice (Name.com, Network Solutions, GoDaddy, etc.) and initiate a Domain Transfer Request, following their instructions.
Obtain Authorization Code from Click & Name
In order to transfer the domain out, the winning registrar will likely require you to provide them with the Domain Authorization code (aka EPP code). To obtain the code, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Cloud Sites control panel: https://manage.rackspacecloud.com
- Click on Hosting > Cloud Sites
- Click on the domain you wish to obtain the authorization code for.
- Navigate to the DNS tab
- Under Domain Registration, click on Retrieve Domain Authcode
Note: If the domain is either an Alias or has been removed from the control panel, contact support. Support can send an automated email with the authorization code, as long as the email address on the WhoIs is valid. See How Do I Do a WhoIs Search? for more information reviewing your WhoIs.
Provide the winning registrar the Authorization Code
Once you obtain the authorization code, you will need to provide it to the winning registrar. Depending on the registrar, they may either send an email with instructions or allow you to enter it into their portal.
After completing these steps, the process should be automated. No further action should be required of you at this point. While support will not be able to process the domain transfer for you, please feel free to contact us for any questions you have about the process.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER