NOTE: This article is written for our Classic Cloud Control Panel. You can access this interface from the New Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-left of the control panel and selecting "Classic Control Panel".
After logging in to the Control Panel, you may be wondering about how billing for our Cloud Services works.
When using Rackspace Cloud Sites, your credit card will first be charged when you first sign up for the account. Your 30-day billing cycle begins on the day that you activate your account. After 30 days have elapsed, you will then be billed for the next month of service. The exact amount may vary as it is based on recurring charges in addition to whatever one-time fees you have incurred during the previous month.
This article will provide you with an overview of the billing resources available to you through our website and your Control Panel. You can use the following resources to help you manage and track the billing for your account:
Pricing Pages and Cost Calculator
Each of the product pages on our website contains the most current pricing list, and each also has a cost calculator to assist you in estimating your monthly charges.
- In the Control Panel, under the tab labeled "Your Account" you will find the Reports section. In the image below, you can see that the Reports section opens to the Cloud Sites tab.
- On the Cloud Sites tab, you will see a usage summary for your products during the current billing period, up to and including the current day. The top section will allow you to choose the current or previous billing periods to review your Account usage. The second section will give you the average usage of Bandwidth, Compute Cycles and Disk Space usage. The third section, will give you the actual, daily usage for Bandwidth, Compute Cycles, Total Disk Space, Files and MySQL database usage.
- Also under the "Your Account" tab, you will find the Billing section. This will open by default to the Billing Overview tab. Here you can easily see important information like your total outstanding balance, the date of your most recent invoice, and which credit card is being used for payments on the account.
- The next tab to the right, Current Invoice, shows you your most recent account invoice in detail. You will be able to see the date of the invoice, amount due, and itemized charges for services. You will also be able to download your invoice in .PDF format for easy printing.
- Under the Billing History tab you will see any adjustments to your account, including payments and credits.
- Finally, under the Billing Settings tab, you can update your billing information and change the credit card attached to the account.
- These resources are always available to you through our website and through the Control Panel and we hope you find them useful in managing the billing for your account. If you are unable to find the information that you are looking for by using these resources, or if you ever need a detailed billing inquiry, you can contact our Billing Support team for a Fanatical response to any billing questions you have. We are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, toll-free at 877-934-0410, or internationally at 210-581-0410.
Next, we'll look at how to get access to Rackspace Fanatical Support.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER