Deleting and Resending BlackBerry® Service Books - (BES)
Service books determine which services are available on your BlackBerry® device. At times, the service books become corrupt and will cause the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) to fail upon synchronizing updates of PIM data such as Calendar or Address Book entries. These issues are frequently resolved by deleting and resending the service books to the device. Please have the user delete all service books starting with the "Desktop" from their Blackberry device. Once completed, resend the service books from your Email & Apps control panel.
To delete the service books from the Blackberry take the following steps:
Blackberry Curve: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/1487/Delete_a_service_book_26389_11.jsp
- In the device Settings > Options > Advanced Options.
- Click Service Books and highlight a service book.
- Press the Menu key, click Delete & confirm Delete.
On a Blackberry Torch: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18577/Accept_or_delete_a_service_book_60_1002781_11.jsp
- On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
- Click Device> Advanced System Settings > Service Book.
- Highlight service book and Press the Menu key
- Click Delete & confirm Delete.
Once the service books have been removed from the device, they should be resent to the device via the control panel following:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Mobile Messaging link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Under BlackBerry, click the View Users link.
- Click the user’s Display Name.
- Under Resend Service Books, click the Send to Device button.
Once the service books have been resent, you can confirm if they've been received by going back to the options section of your BlackBerry as described above.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER