Note: Rackspace no longer offers Cloud Servers with Windows 2003, but these instructions are here for legacy support purposes.
Problem: In Windows 2003 R2, Internet Information Server (IIS) downloads are slow or disconnect during the download process.
Cause: The Windows Firewall does not have the IIS service published, even though port 80 is open (or port 443 for HTTPS traffic, or port 21 for FTP traffic).
Resolution: You will need to publish the IIS service in the Windows Firewall.
- Click Start, Control Panel, Windows Firewall
- Click the Exceptions tab to ensure that port 80 (and 443 if you’re using HTTPS, and 21 if you’re using FTP) is in the list of open ports.
- Click the Advanced tab
- Highlight the public adapter and click the Settings button
- Place a check in the box reading Web Server (HTTP) (and Secure Web Server (HTTPS) if you’re using SSL on your website, and FTP Server if you’re using IIS FTP services)
- Click OK all the way out of the Windows Firewall utility.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER