Add Multiple Contacts
Exchange only allows internal addresses for email forwarding and distribution lists. To use an external address for either of these functions, it must be set up as a contact. A contact is simply an Exchange alias that points to a real mailbox outside of your domain. To add multiple contacts, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Contacts link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains, click the change domain link.
- Click the Add Multiple Contacts button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file, containing the information detailed in the Data Format section:
Use the following column headers (* Required):
*Username, *DisplayName, *ExternalEmail, *VisibleToGAL (1=Visible, 0=Hidden), Last Name, First Name, Title, Company, Department, Phone Number, Street, City, State, Postal Code, Country, Notes
The username will be used for the email address, email@example.com.
Or, to download a template, click the CSV template or Excel template link.
- In the Import File section, click the Browse button.
- Locate and select the CSV or Excel file created in Step 5.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Import button. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import summary, which will appear after the import is complete.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER