Rackspace Cloud Queues API Service Level Agreement
Service Level Guarantee
We guarantee that the Rackspace Cloud Queues API will be available 99.9% of the time in a given monthly billing period, excluding scheduled maintenance or emergency maintenance. If we fail to meet this guarantee, you will be eligible to receive a credit to your account as described below.
Monthly Availability Credit Percentage*
100% - 99.9% 0%
< 99.9% - 99.5% 10%
< 99.5% - 99.0% 20%
< 99.0% 30%
“Monthly Availability” is calculated on a per customer, per region basis, for a given monthly billing period, as follows (represented as a percentage):
1 – (Total API Errors)/(Total Valid API Requests)
* Credits will be calculated as a percentage of all Rackspace Cloud Queues fees in the affected region for the monthly billing period.
DEFINITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
For purposes of the Service Level Agreement outlined above:
• "API error" is defined as: (i) an HTTP 5xx server error response to a valid API request or (ii) no response to a valid API request because the API is down. Network errors or downtime outside of the Rackspace data center network do not constitute an API error;
• “emergency maintenance” means critical unforeseen maintenance (e.g. repairs, modifications, or upgrades) needed to ensure security or reliability;
• "Rackspace Cloud Queues fees" means the fees for your Rackspace Cloud Queues service for the monthly billing period in which the failure occurred, including bandwidth charges;
• "region" means a particular physical location where Rackspace Cloud Queues Services exists (e.g. Dallas, Chicago, London). Rackspace Cloud Queues control and data planes are independent per region and do not span regions;
• "scheduled maintenance" means maintenance (e.g. repairs, modifications, or upgrades) that is announced at least seventy-two hours in advance;
• “valid API request” is defined as a well formed request that complies with the published API specification.
• You are not entitled to a credit if you are in breach of your services agreement with Rackspace (including your payment obligations to us) until you have cured the breach. You are not entitled to a credit if downtime would not have occurred but for your breach of your agreement with Rackspace or your misuse of the Services. You are not entitled to a credit for downtime or outages resulting from denial of service attacks, virus activity, hacking attempts, or any other circumstances that are not within our control.
• To receive a credit, you must log a request via ticket in the Rackspace cloud control panel within thirty (30) days following the end of the period of unavailability and provide logs evidencing Rackspace's failure to meet the SLA. You must show that your use of Rackspace Cloud Queues was adversely affected in some way as a result of the downtime to be eligible for the credit. If your credit request is approved, the credit will be applied during the next billing cycle after your request is approved.
• Notwithstanding anything in this Service Level Agreement to the contrary, the maximum total credit for the monthly billing period, including all guaranties, shall not exceed 100% of your Rackspace Cloud Queues fee for that billing period. Credits that would be available but for this limitation will not be carried forward to future billing periods.
• This Service Level Guarantee is your sole and exclusive remedy for Rackspace Cloud Queues unavailability.
This Service Level Agreement is part of your Cloud Terms of Service.