Got questions about PCI compliance in hybrid clouds and what it means to your customers?
In this discussion, we quickly covered the PCI Council’s “PCI DSS Cloud Computing Guidelines” information supplement and how it applies to companies working to achieve compliance with an emphasis on achieving compliance for cloud-aware environments. We also discussed the new prescriptive guidelines and how they clarify the lines of shared responsibility between the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and their customers. Finally, we discussed how working with partners like CloudPassage can help you embrace new and automated methodologies to provide consistent security controls across hybrid environments.
Some of the key questions answered included:
- What do the new PCI guidelines mean to CSPs and their customers?
- What additional challenges do public and hybrid clouds present?
- Where do traditional compliance tools and processes fall short in cloud-based environments?
- What is the role of automation and technology in compliance?
The panelists included:
- Keren Elazari, Cyber Security Industry Analyst, GigaOm Research
- Rand Wacker, Vice President of Products, CloudPassage
- Jarret Raim, Cloud Security Product Manager, Rackspace
CloudPassage’s Halo cloud security platform, hosted completely on the Rackspace Public Cloud, automates security controls for merchants and payment providers leveraging cloud infrastructure across public, private and hybrid clouds. These businesses can now far more quickly establish and maintain PCI compliance.
Here is a link to the recorded webinar, and if you’d like a deeper overview please download our PCI Compliance in Rackspace Hybrid Cloud White Paper.