In the old world of IT, if you didn't have hardware capacity or the budget to buy more, your project was dead in the water. Budget constraints can leave some of the best, most creative and most ingenious innovations on the cutting room floor. It's a true dilemma for developers and innovators: why spend the time creating the next great thing, when a project could be abandoned in a blink? That was the old world. In the new world of IT, developers rule.
In a cloud world, developers have access to resources they can spin up instantly. A hybrid cloud ignites innovation and empowers developers to focus on what they need. A hybrid cloud blends the best of all worlds, public cloud, private cloud and dedicated bare metal servers to fit the needs of developers. The cloud should not be one-size-fits all, but should offer the best fit for each application or workload. A hybrid cloud also offers guardrails that give developers, IT and the business security and peace of mind. The business can maintain control over who’s building what, while giving developers the freedom and agility to move at a swift pace.
A hybrid cloud also arms businesses with the ability to move beyond traditional DevOps to optimize efficient development and operations practices and start focusing more in optimizing infrastructure as well.
In a recent webinar, Rackspace Senior Manager of Solution Engineering Terrence DeJager and I examined the concrete steps you and your business must take to spark innovation and creativity among developers. We also showcased real-world customer examples of how a hybrid cloud arms your developers with the tools to be true innovators in this new IT world.
You can download the full presentation here.
Rackspace's Enterprise Cloud Solutions team loves to share great ideas and their latest findings. Here are some of our recommended reads::
- Steve Mills (Rackspace CIO), leveraging Advisory Services
- Be a Cloud Native Webinar (Jaret Chiles)
- Turning Big Data into Big Dollars white paper
- Evolve Applications, speed innovation with the cloud
- C-SOA boosts agility and innovation
- Guarding against cloud silos with C-SOA
- Building an enterprise services architecture for innovation, speed and agility
- 10 ways to win the hearts and minds of developers
- How DevOps supports the paradigm shift of the cloud
- Consolidation: think beyond virtualization… think cloud
- Matching your workload to the cloud
- Cloud evolution: security concerns no longer stall conversation
- Lurking in the shadows – uncovering the hidden benefits of shadow IT
Here are some Rackspace use cases:
- Hybrid Hosting: Dominos Pizza and watch the video
- RackConnect™: VEVO and watch the video
- Private Cloud: Lighthouse1
- Advisory Services: Acquity Group
And here are some key tools to help you get started on your journey to the cloud: