We are actively developing a high-performance, on-demand load balancing solution–built in the cloud, for the cloud.
Cloud Load Balancing will allow customers to create more robust, scalable, and high availability configurations in the cloud in a matter of seconds. Imagine being able to launch a load balancing solution with the push of a button or via API. That's what we're building! The result is considerable time savings compared to manually configuring a solution and significant cost savings compared to going through our professional services team.
Cloud Load Balancing will include numerous features that help you ensure that your applications are online and are highly responsive:
- Advanced Algorithms – Including support for round robin, weighted round robin, least connections, weighted least connections and random. Customers will have the ability to ensure traffic is being properly routed to the back-end nodes in a way that is optimal for their workload.
- Static IP Addresses – Every load balancer is assigned a dedicated static IP address that can be selectively shared with other load balancers under a single account. IP addresses are persistent and won’t change while a load balancer is active.
- Health Monitor – In the event that a back-end node fails, the load balancer will quickly remove it from rotation. The health monitor is even capable of inspecting your HTTP traffic to ensure your workload is performing how you expect it to be.
- Simplified Maintenance – We will perform rolling application restarts that will have zero customer impact by draining your nodes and taking them out of rotation immediately.
- Advanced Access Control – You will be able to easily manage who can and can’t access the services that are exposed via the Cloud Load Balancing service.
- Session Persistence – If you are load balancing HTTP traffic, the session persistence feature will enable an HTTP cookie to ensure subsequent requests are directed to the same node in your load balancer pool.
- REST-based API – The RESTful API will let you develop custom solutions to automate the entire process of managing and controlling the Cloud Load Balancing service.
Our Cloud Load Balancing service is based on Zeus technology and built on top of our robust network, you’ll have the ability to burst and only pay for the resources used. At launch, we will support load balancing HTTP, HTTPS, LDAP, LDAPS, IMAP, FTP, POP3, POP3S and SMTP protocols on either a public interface or internal interface.
As we work through the beta development phase of this project, we're looking for customers to evaluate and test our API. The ideal customer will be familiar with consuming RESTful web service APIs, as well as the general concepts of load balancing.
If you would like to help us raise the bar on Cloud Load Balancing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us your current configuration and use case ideas for how you would use this new service. Invitations for our private beta will start to go out this week.
We hope you are excited by this new development, we certainly are! We are also working on lots of other great additions to our services and can't wait to share them with you in the very near future. Stay tuned!