Why Choose Rackspace® for SQL Server Hosting?
Rackspace provides best-in-class support for Microsoft® SQL Server®, enabling
customers to use the rich capabilities of SQL Server to improve performance, increase operational efficiencies
and save both time and money. With more than 10,000 servers currently running Microsoft SQL Server and a team
of Database Support Specialists for customers requiring more extensive database support and consultative
services, Rackspace has developed deep expertise in SQL database support.
Pre-release Testing on the Rackspace Cloud
Rackspace Makes It Easy
With the Rackspace Cloud
, companies can
easily test the new functionality and features of SQL Server 2012 without having to purchase and manage hardware.
This shortens evaluation time and eliminates complexity related to setting up and configuring a test lab for beta
software. In addition, Rackspace and Microsoft have collaborated to allow customers to easily deploy SQL Server
2012 on the Rackspace Cloud with no additional Microsoft software licensing costs during the testing period.*
*Standard Cloud Servers™
apply and licensing costs will apply on a utility basis once SQL Server 2012 is released for general
Rackspace Support for Microsoft SQL Server
All Rackspace customers running SQL Server in a dedicated hosting environment receive
service and the following SQL Server support:
- Convenient monthly licensing—Utility pricing for SQL Server licensing is available in the Rackspace Cloud
- Optional live database backup agent
- Basic troubleshooting assistance
- Standard maintenance plan
Customers looking for more extensive SQL support should consider the Intensive support level at Rackspace for these
- Initial environment assessment and performance recommendations
- Database performance monitoring
- Customized maintenance plans
- DBA consultation for performance improvement
- Real-time database troubleshooting
- Generally accepted database best practices recommendations
Rackspace also offers additional DBA services on a time and materials basis for those customers who need even more
SQL expertise, such as database assessment and performance improvement services.