There may be instances when it is necessary to move documents server-side from within SharePoint. A few of the reasons you might want to do this are:
- *Project completed: Once the project comes to a conclusion, you might want all the documents to be saved server side for retrieval at a later date.
- *Re-org: There may be a re-org taking place within your organization, causing a need to move content accordingly; or, you may be re-orging the website.
- *Archives: Compliance and archive needs can be quickly addressed by moving documents server-side.
There are three main ways to quickly move documents. SharePoint expert Michael Gannotti discusses two of the three methods:
- 1. Pre-populated “Send To” function set-up
- 2. Manually enter “Send To”
SharePoint Technology Specialist Michael Gannotti has worked at Microsoft as a SharePoint Technology Specialist since SharePoint’s launch in 2001. A well-known advocate of social media, Michael has also worked as Corporate Systems Architect for Vanguard Mutual Funds in PA, Instructional Web Designer for Intracorp in PA, Family Preservation Case Manager for Florence Crittenton Services in WV, Language Arts Instructor for 8 years in CA, and is a former US Army Sergeant. You can visit Michael on his website.
© 2011-2012 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License