Rackspace Cloud Big Data is an on-demand Apache Hadoop service for the Rackspace Open Cloud. The service supports a RESTful API and alleviates the pain associated with deploying, managing, and scaling Hadoop clusters.
Cloud Big Data is just as flexible and feature-rich as Hadoop. With Cloud Big Data, you benefit from on-demand servers, utility-based pricing, and access to the full set of Hadoop features and APIs. However, you do not have to worry about provisioning, growing, or maintaining your Hadoop infrastructure. The Cloud Big Data service uses an environment that is specifically optimized for Hadoop, which ensures that your jobs run efficiently and reliably. Note that you are still responsible for developing, troubleshooting, and deploying your applications.
Cloud Big Data creates on-demand infrastructure for applications in production where physical servers would be too costly and time-consuming to configure and maintain.
You can use Big Data to perform the following tasks:
- Develop, test, and pilot data analysis applications
- Create or resize Hadoop clusters in minutes and pay only for what you use
- Access the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), an enterprise-ready distribution that is 100 percent Apache open source
- Provision and manage Hadoop through an easy-to-use Control Panel and a RESTful API
- Seamlessly access data in Cloud Files containers
- Gain interoperability with any third-party software tool that supports HDP
- Access Fanatical Support® on a 24x7x365 basis via chat, phone, or ticket