Just follow these simple steps:
- If you do not have a Cloud Files account, create one and activate it
- Contact your Cloud Files support technician using Control Panel. He or she will get the process started for you. You will be assigned a Migration Specialist who can answer any questions you have about your import and who will provide you with instructions, the shipping location of our data center and other information required to ship your device.
- Fill out a form with information about your data and physical device and prepare it for shipping.
- Copy the data to your device. Unless you want your data to be stored and retrieved encrypted in Cloud Files, you should not encrypt your data, as Rackspace will not decrypt it for you.
- Your Migration Specialist will review all the logistics with respect to shipping your device to Rackspace (e.g. datacenter address, method of shipment, security guidelines, etc.).
When we receive your data, your Migration Specialists will hook up your device to a workstation that that has a direct link to our Cloud Files infrastructure. This will ensure the process of loading the data happens as quickly as possible. Once your data is imported, the drive will either be shipped back to you or destroyed via degaussing, depending on your instructions.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER