How Do I Use the Cloud Files CDN Manager?
This article describes how to create a container within Cloud Files and manage files in it through the Cloud Files interface.
What is the CDN?
Using the Akamai content delivery network (CDN) service, Cloud Files brings you a powerful and easy way to publish content over a world-class industry leading CDN. Customers automatically get access to this network as part of using the Cloud Files service. The way it works is by distributing the content that you upload to Cloud Files across a global network of edge servers. What this means is that when someone is viewing content from your site, your CDN-enabled content will be served to them from the closest geographic edge server to their location. This feature dramatically increases the speed at which websites can load, no matter where your viewer is located.
This can be a great advantage when hosting content for an international audience. Though you can also use the API to upload content to Cloud Files, another way is to use the File Manager interface in the Cloud Control Panel. To store content on Cloud Files, you start by creating a container for your content. The container name should have no breaks, spaces, or special characters. Unlike a folder or directory, a container cannot have subdirectories. All your content will be at one level below the container name.
Create a container
- Log in to the Cloud Control Panel.
- In the top navigation bar, select Storage > Files.
- Click Create Container.
- Name the container, and then click Create Container.
- Click the gear icon next to the container to be made public and select Make Public (Enable CDN).
- Click Publish to CDN.
You can now share the files within the container.
Upload files to the container
- Click on the name of the container to which you want to upload files.
- Click Upload Files and select the files to upload.
- Click Open.
- After the file is uploaded, click Close Window.
The file appears the list of available files within the container.
- Click the gear icon next to your file and select View All Links.
Options for sharing your file are displayed.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER