How Do I Change a MySQL Database User Password on Cloud Sites?
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
From Cloud Sites Wiki
- Administrative access to the Rackspace Cloud
2. Click Hosting > Cloud Sites, from the list of domains.
5. In the Databases section, click the hyperlink of the database that you want to modify.
6. At Database Information Screen you'll want to scroll to the middle of this page, and find the Database Users section.
7. Click the hyperlink of the user that you want to change the password for from the list of available users. Keep in mind that there may only be one user if you don't utilize multiple users.
8. In the Password box, enter a password that is at least eight characters long and contains at least one of each of the following character types:
⁃ Lowercase alphabetic character (a-z)
⁃ Numeric character (0-9)
NOTE: For maximum security, your password should not be a dictionary word or anything that can be easily guessed.
10. Click Save. If you miss-type, you will be informed that your passwords do not match and you will have to reenter your password and confirm password.
Congratulations! You have modified your My Structured Query Language (MySQL) database user for your website!
Repeat for each user you wish to change.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER