Setting Up Your iPhone, iPad, & iPod With Microsoft Exchange 2010 E-Mail
The following article below will get your Microsoft Exchange 2010 mailbox setup on your iPhone:
Note: Your device must be a 3G, 3Gs, and with a 4.0+ iOS.
Note: Before we get started, please be sure your administartor has purchased you an Activesync license and assigned to your email address.
1. Tap the Settings icon on the iPhone
2. Next, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Add Account then Microsoft Exchange.
3. Tap Add Account then Microsoft Exchange.
4. The Exchange setup screen will open; you'll then enter the following information:
- Email - Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain - leave this field empty.
- Username - Enter in your entire email address.
- Password - Enter in the password for your email account.
- Description - Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will only be visible to you.
5. Tap the Next button and the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an "Unable to Verify Certificate message," go ahead and Tap the Accept button.
6. The device will than continue verifying the account. Once complete, tap the Server field, and enter in "connect.emailsrvr.com" minus the parenthesis.
7. Tap the Next button and the device will then try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. When connected, you'll see check marks along your settings to confirm that your account has been verified.
8. Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select which information to synchronize with the Exchange server and then tap the Done button when finished.
Note: Your iPhone may take a moment to sync all your information depending on how much you have on the Exchange server. To learn more about the mail settings on your device tap Settings from the home screen, than Mail, Contacts, & Calendars and than select your account. You'll be able to customize how much data you would like to sync from the server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER