The following article below will get your Microsoft Exchange email account setup on your Android using the Activesync technology.
Note: This article is a general guide for setting up Android devices. The steps may vary depending on the OS that you are running.
Before you can use ActiveSync to set up your email account, you must have an ActiveSync license and it must be assigned to your email address. Contact you administrator if you need assistance.
1. On the Home screen of your Android device, select the Email icon.
2. On the Set up email screen, enter in your full email address and password and then select Next.
3. On the Add email account screen select Exchange account.
4. On the Exchange server settings screem enter your entire email address preceded with a \ (backslash), select the Use secure connection (SSL) check box, and then select Next.
Note: Depending on the OS that is running on your device, you may see only Domain as an option. If so, you can leave this field blank.
Your device checks incoming server settings.
5. In the security pop-up box, select OK to allow the server to remotely control some security features of your device.
6. on the Account options screen, specify all the options that you want, and then select Next.
7. On the Set up email scree, optionally specify a descriptive name for the account, and then select Done.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License