The following article will show you how to setup your Rackspace Email account using your Mac Mail email client. Let's take a look at the steps below on how to configure your account:
1. First thing you'll want to do is open up Mac Mail and select File and Add Account. If this is the first time Mac Mail has been used, the setup assistant will appear.
2. Enter the following information:
3. Click the Continue button and Enter the following information:
4. Click the Continue button and Mac Mail will now attempt to detect the incoming server settings. If the Incoming Mail Security window appears, do the following and click Continue.
5. Enter the following information:
6. Click the Continue button and Mac Mail will now attempt to detect the outgoing server settings. If the Outgoing Mail Security window appears, do the following and you're finished!
To simplify the organization of your messages, you can indicate which IMAP folders Mac Mail should use to store sent mail, drafts, spam, and trash.
1. Select Mail / Preferences, click the Accounts button, located at the top of the window and click once on your IMAP account, as it appears in the Accounts list.
2. Click the Mailbox Behaviors tab, clear all of the check boxes and close the Accounts window.
3. When prompted to save your changes, click the Save button.
4. In your IMAP folder, located in the Mailboxes pane (select View / Show Mailboxes to display the pane if it’s not there), do the following:
5. The selected folder will disappear from your IMAP list, and will now reappear as the corresponding Mac Mail folder.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License