Rackspace Email allows users to check and manage their email online through a Webmail interface. Webmail provides a full functional Calendar with the ability to manage Contacts as well as syncing them to your mobile device. Webmail also allows users to reset passwords, create filters, add signatures and much much more. Let's take a look at the Webmail features below:
Logging Into Webmail
To login into Webmail visit the following URL: https://apps.rackspace.com/
Upon logging in, Rackspace allows several options:
- Remember this info - The ability for Rackspace to interact with your browser to remember your login information
- Use SSL - SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer which means upon logging in, your data is encrypted
- Hide browser toolbars
Rackspace email allows users the ability to manage their contacts through our Webmail interface. Users have the ability add new contacts, import/export old contacts using a .csv file, export to various email clients, create groups and sort through contacts alphabetically. Rackspace also allows you to sync your contacts with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync. For more information on how to do this, please see the following article - Rackspace Mobile Sync
Rackspace email allows users the ability to manage their appointments and meetings through our Wembail interface. Users have the ability to share their calendar, creat personal calendars, import events and add shared calendars within your domain. Rackspace also allows you to sync your calender events with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync. For more information on how to do this, please see the following article - Rackspace Mobile Sync
Rackspace email allows users the ability to create notes for new ideas, meeting summarys or just some quick thoughts. Rackspace also allows you to sync your Notes with your mobile device as well with Rackspace Mobile Sync. For more information on how to do this, please see the following article - Rackspace Mobile Sync
Rackspace Email provides various options for users to manage their email account. While in the Webmail interface, select Settings in the top right hand corner to see a list of features and options available for users:
General Settings: Email options
- Display Preferences - several options for users to display HTML emails, enable shortcuts, changing your viewing pane and change the number of messages displayed in your reading pane.
- New Messages - the option to play an alert for new the arrival of new messages and the option to choose how often to check for new messages.
- Trash Options - the option to move deleted email to the trash or immediately purge upon deletion
General Settings: Calendar
- Invitations - the option to delete invitations after responding
General Settings: Language & Date/Time
- Language - The option to choose between 11 different languages.
- Date and Time - set your date, time and current time zone.
Composing Email: Composing
- Composing - various options to choose from such as auto-completing email addresses when composing a new email, default fonts for HTML formats, default size for HTML formats etc.
- Replying & Forwarding Citations - the ability to select whether you'd like the original composed message to be included in your reply and to set a user defined start text and end text of your choice.
Composing Email: Identities
- Add New Identity - The ability to create a new identities which allow you to quickly change the name, email address, and reply address on your outgoing email.
- Add New Signature - the ability to add a new signature and assign it to your outgoing email and also to specific identities. To learn more, please see the following article: Adding A Rackspace Email Signature
Incoming Email: Auto-reply
- Auto-Reply - activate your auto-reply feature for times when your out of the office.
- Forwarding - Forward any mail to any email address with the option to save a copy in your inbox.
- Filtering - The ability to create filters for specific incoming email and to route them to a specified folder.
Spam Settings: Preferences
- Spam Filtering - the ability to turn your spam filtering on and off, or have it be exclusive.
- Spam Handling - Specify how you would like your spam email to be handled.
Spam Settings: Safelists
- Safelists - Specify what email should be by passed through filters through either the sent users IP Address, Email Address or Domain.
- Blacklists - Specify what email should be blocked through either the sent users IP Address, Email Address or Domain.
- Add An External Account - the option to add an external email account like Gmail Or Yahoo and download your email into your Rackspace Account.
- Change Your Password - the option to update your password.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER