Rackspace Cloud Backup - Create a Backup
Getting Started with Rackspace Cloud Backup - Part 2
If you have an account with Managed Cloud Service Level and do not see your Server under Systems, check with your account manager to install the RCBU Agent.
Other users who do not see their Server listed under Systems should begin with the instructions on How to Install the Agent.
How to Create a Backup
- After you have logged into your Cloud control panel, select Backups from the navigation menu.
- Click Systems in the Backups menu.
- Next, Click the name of the Server listed under Cloud Backup Systems. If you do not see your server listed on this screen, you will need to install the agent on the sever. For more information on installing the backup agent, see How to Install the Agent for instructions or contact your Account Manager.
- On the Configure Backup screen, configure the following items and then click Next Step.
- Enter a name for the backup in the Backup Name field.
- Select a schedule for the backup and prior version retention under Schedule.
- Under Notification, specify the email address and for notifications and select whether notification of successful backups is preferred.
- Specify which items to back up in the Select Items to Backup area and then click Next Step.
- Confirm the backup agent is set up correctly and then click Save.
On the next page in this guide, you will learn How to View Backup Information.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER