Rackspace Cloud Sites Essentials - MySQL Databases
Note: This article is written for our Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can get to it from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your name in the upper-right corner and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
In this article we are going to learn how to add a MYSQL database to your website in Cloud Sites. The process is fairly simple so let's jump in and add our first database.
- Log into the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel
- Navigate to Hosting->Cloud Sites
- Click on the domain name you would like to add your database to
- From the domain details view, click the Features tab
- In the Databases section, click Add.
NOTE: If the Add button is not visible, then the database feature can be added by allowing at least one database on your site. See the article, Help! I can't add a new database!
As long as you have the Add button, as shown above in the screenshot, then you are good to proceed
- Next, enter a database name identifier in the Database Name field
- Select a database type from the Database Type and press Continue to proceed
NOTE: The prefix of the database name is generated for the user by Cloud Sites. The database name is a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
Next, enter a database user identifier in the Database Username field
- Enter a password in the Password field and confirm the password by reentering it in the Confirm Password field and then click Finish
NOTE: The prefix of the database user name is generated by Cloud Sites. The database user name is a combination of the prefix and the identifier.
A clock icon is displayed while the database completes the setup. Click the Features tab to refresh the status.
- Confirm that the new database is active by verifying that the Status column has a green check mark icon to the left of the database name.
NOTE: If your database does not have a green check next to in in excess of ten minutes and you are still experiencing a problem, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support 24x7 by phone, chat, or by submitting a ticket through your Control Panel.
Congratulations! You have added a MySQL database to your web site! Users can now start working with the new MySQL database.
In the next article we will learn how to work with your new database through our online MySQL database interface.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER